Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What will/did you tell your children about weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Pandog, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I watch those documentaries with my kids. My 16 y/o has read Granny's list, and has a copy of her own. Let me ask you this, though. If you give your kid permission to toke because they've "made the decision on it", why would you put them at a greater risk of getting into trouble by not allowing them to smoke in your house, ultimately forcing them to smoke in shady places? You've got ot protect your kid, man. Just being honest with them isnt enough. They have a new responsibility, yes, but now you do to.

2. NO smoking bud until you're 18... now go get my pipe! :smoke::smoke::smoke:

3. all im saying is u get some stuff we got to smoke together sometimes :)

4. If i ever have kids im going to teach them my way. Teach them the principles of life and how things work and what values they should live by. Old hippie shit you know?

5. #45 ProfessorX, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    If I would have a child, and I would found out that he or she smokes MJ, I would fool them around for a day or two. Like when I notice they are stoned, I tell them to mow the lawn, or take out the trash or do the dishes or something like that haha! But I would definitly have a talk about it, I won't forbid them, and I can't since where I live. And as earlier said in this thread, until my child is at the legal age it's the parents main priority to look out for the child's best interests, But when he or she is mature enough in mind, and have reached the age of 16, I can consider letting them smoke in the house at evening after all responsibility's for that day has been done.

Aaaaanyhow, going to sleep folks, 10:42 pm here, and have to get up at 4:30am.. And still have a fat joint laying in the ashtray that's begging me to soark it up! Going to take a quick look at my whitewidow girls and I'm gonna crawl into bed!

'night GC!

6. [quote name='"Smokey55109"']

Not when it comes to things like marijuana, and I can guarantee that.[/quote]

I beg to differ, speaking from personal experience I started when I was 13, I promised myself I was never going to try anything else, 6 years later I still haven't touched anything else except I tried a cigarette and didn't like it.

7. Ohh i know this and they will smoke in the house thats just the way kids are fuck i was one not to long ago :p, but you got to think man you really think your old lady is gonna be cool with your 15-17 year old smoking weed in what she thinks is her house ;), doubt it. If he gets in trouble which btw i dont think he will cause i aint havin kids for a LONG ass time and hopefully mary jane will be regulated, but if it does happen it will be a life lesson. You somtimes just have to learn the hard way.:rolleyes:

8. I can relate here. I grew up daddy in and out of rehab, stealing from me and my mother. I had to grow up seeing my mom steal food from my grandparents just so I could eat. He cleaned up but still claims it was cannabis that started it all. Personally I say f that. I use due to me feeling the herb makes me normal I have a medical condition treated with it and now to this day my dad doesn't bust my chops anymore. Alcohol was my danger area, after I lost my brother I started drinking heavily at 13. Started toking at 14 and stopped drinking almost completely now I'm 20 and just no need to drink. When I have kids and they're around 15-16. I'll teach the the truth on the plant, they are allowed to use as long as it comes from me, and only inside the house till they are considered an adult. I not a person to tell my kid santa claus is real than why would i lie about my meds?

9. you think just because im not stupid enough to have kids at my age that i dont understand the way a child learns?? ive been around kids my whole life,ive helped raise my half sister and step-sister...

your child trusts you...so they believe that everything you show them/do around them/etc. is the right thing to do

10. I will keep it out of sight and wait for them to make a move. Then we'll have a talk. Never before school never out of the house. Not while in a car. Keep the grades up and its fine in my house. If they break the rules no more smoking in my house.

11. [quote name='"puertoricosuave"']I will keep it out of sight and wait for them to make a move. Then we'll have a talk. Never before school never out of the house. Not while in a car. Keep the grades up and its fine in my house. If they break the rules no more smoking in my house.[/quote]

If they are responsible why can't they smoke before school? If you smoke before work that's pretty hypocritical, if you don't then ignore this.

12. Because...that's...irresponsible?

13. Not sure when that time would come, but just tell them the truth about it and why it's truly illegal, cause eventually they need to know the way the government works too in order to know reality when they're being deceived by the government and also be able to predict change by the government. Because that's the biggest thing marijuana has helped me realize is how everything's all profit, just teach my kid not to trust the government and organizations like the FDA so much and to read into things, because I think that's the biggest thing is to learn the world around you and be cautious about things if your going to smoke marijuana and make it a helpful tool rather than a burden on you.

But definitely just explain things my kid would probably already know anyway, that marijuana is the one thing you can use that's fun, has benefits both mentally and physically, isn't addictive, and also to simply be health conscious, that's why I choose marijuana is because I don't want to kill myself with toxins. Natural & safe = good. Manmade = emergency room, whether it's drugs, processed food, alcohol, etc that stuff will put you in the emergency room sooner or later. Although I'm going to raise my kid if I have one around healthy foods so that shouldn't be a huge deal, but it does connect with marijuana in terms of healthy things to put in your body.

14. Wish my parents would take a look at this thread.. 18 years old and both my mom & I smoke but hide it from one another.. gets old quick. Tired of hiding who I am or what I do.

15. [quote name='"gorilla boy1"']Wish my parents would take a look at this thread.. 18 years old and both my mom & I smoke but hide it from one another.. gets old quick. Tired of hiding who I am or what I do.[/quote]

Then come out and tell her that you know she smokes and you do too itl be awkward at first but it will be well worth it

16. I told my 13 year old nephew if he wants to smoke then to be smart about it and not to take it to school and shit. I caught him high when I was watching my other nephew and niece. He came inside all red eyed and shit and I started laughing, he was scared as fuck. I was like dw I'm higher than you right now.

17. I would talk about weed with them when they were young, and tell them both the good things and bad things about the herb and that it 's not for children. If they had gone through high school without ever doing it, I would probably smoke them up before they went to college to see if they like it or not. If they didn't, no problem. If I did, I'd give them various tips on harm reduction and responsible use.

18. my mom always told me she was rolling her own smokes i asked her why they smell she different she said i cant always afford this "sweet smelling tobacco" but when i can i smoke itt buy it from out o town store.

19. [quote name='"speedyf"']I'll pretend to get mad as fuck and confiscate it...then go out and smoke it lol[/quote]

oh hell yeah thats what i would do.

20. my stepdad did this for years and years and i promise you that your children will hate you and despise you for being such a piece of shit hypocrite, if you're serious please die thanks...

...if you're joking,it still blows haha