What will be the next religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by .HiGhGuY., Feb 20, 2011.

1. Was just thinking... Every major civalization has had a dominate religion and their own version of "god". We think of the egyptian and greek gods as mythology and not real religion. The present day's major civilization is "western" civilization, and the dominate religion is christianity... whos to say that whoever is the dominate civilization 100, 500, 1000 years into the future, won't think of christianity as nothing more than mythology and believe in their own religion/god. Also, they could have a whole different understanding of physics and the universe and greater technology and just not believe in any god.

2. #2 Philosiraptor, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    Church of Materialism and Celebrity Worship- it's already prevalent in many countries and even spreading to the ones with strict laws against it

"Know thine iPhone and ask thineself how you could get better mobile-to-mobile calling"-Book of Apple 13:7

3. Religion is created by groups of people who have no direction to follow in their pitiful little lives. They follow some other misguided individual or group like little lost sheep hoping they have the answer to the meaning of life for them. Everybody see's religion differently even when it's coming from the same source, and molds it to fit their lives. What a bunch of horse shit. We all start out in this life with good intentions and should follow our own spiritual path. There's no big eye in the sky watching you, so get on with living your life and quit following all the other sheep. I followed the lost sheep around for a while until I figured it out. I wish I would have known sooner.:eek:

4. it will be like star trek man.we will just look back in the past in the data all the current religions will be "myths".did the crew have a religions in star trek??
    (my favorite star trek was voyager:D)

5. Alien Worship.

6. Worship of the Cannabis plant, and earth, and the sun, and the universe, with it's rules, and bound logistics.

7. New thought unitarianism is the newest religion, it's weird in that encompasses all religions, but most of the religions it encompasses strictly say not to do this :laughing:

8. Fast food. There will be many different sects and authority figures, some will have no figure, only a name. Daily sacrifices will be made, food will be consumed. The temple that is your body needs to be bigger for this god.

9. I think the more and more civilization "developes" we will turn more and more to science.

Although i hope the next "religion" is Love oneness and everything and everyone that encompasses it