Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What will be the effect of Cannabis on a Tuberculosis Patient !

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ratabat, May 20, 2022.

1. Will that degrade the patient's health as if a person suffering from Tuberculosis smokes Cannabis, In studies it has been found that there are some strains that treat TB as per My MMJ Doctor, https://mymmjdoctor.com/tuberculosis-and-medical-cannabis/ there are some strains like - Strawberry Cough (Sativa), Girl Scout Cookies (hybrid) etc found to be very much effective. But I am in a dilemma what will be the outcome ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Edibles gets you around the whole smoking issues and you get 5 times the strength and 10 times the duration per milligram used so a win win all around. Eaten Cannabis is transformed by your Liver from delta-9-THC into the much more powerful 11-hydroxy-THC.

I supply friends and family with Cannabis edibles in both Hash capsules and RSO versions for everything from Sunburn to Cancer and in about 99% of the time they get some relief. It might be just a little relief or it might cure their Cancer all together. We just don't know how effective it will be beforehand.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. #3 Deleted member 1148562, May 20, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2022
    generalizing - I would be skeptical to think a specific hybrid or THC dominant strain would be medically impactful to X disease. I don't know the medical efficacy of CBD on TB but if its a medical equivalent like reducing seizures in epileptic patients then its a no brainer....

A quick search of scientific studies on TB and cannabis didn't generate much for me in terms of beneficial. I did see a couple studies like this that said it could be more harmful....but seems more research is needed. - Marijuana and Tuberculosis and Alteration of Th1/Th17 Responses: Advantage or Disadvantage or Neutral? Mungmunpuntipantip R, Wiwanitkit V - J Med Sci

This is an interesting summary on the potential - https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00011-016-0969-3

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Only problem for some people like me is edibles feel like an entirely different experience and not in a good way. 11-Hydroxy THC is an entirely different drug IMO. I have taken flower that I vaped and eaten it thinking it would have the same effect. Nope. Totally different.