What went wrong?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Anschluss, Apr 12, 2013.

1. #1 Anschluss, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    So apparently this is a common occurrence. Let me know what you think based off my situation, as to what exactly went wrong.

So just to let you know the age group, I am 20, and am a college student. So I started talking to this chick a few weeks ago, just the 'hi' when we saw each other. I only ever really saw her in our dining center so it wasn't the greatest place to full on start a conversation, but my friend is rooming with her next year so I got some help in that sense. Anyway I messaged her on face book and we had two or three really good conversations, one being around 4 hours long. We seemed to have a lot in common, and eventually she gave me her phone number without me really asking. At least, I went about it in a way that I was not directly asking for it.

This past weekend I hit her up on Friday if she wanted to meet up at a party, and we were going to but basically we ended up not doing so and it was whatever so I figured things just didn't work out or she wasn't interested. I wasn't going to hit her up the next day, Saturday, just because I didn't need to seem desperate and I didn't know her deal exactly.

Now later that night (Saturday now), she ended up texting me, asking what I was doing. So we decided to meet up at some party. It was just me and her the whole night, because her friends weren't really around. We danced/grinded for awhile and talked off the dance area as well. Afterwards we got pizza, and then I walked her back to her place at about 3:30 am and gave her a hug good bye. We didn't hook up, and that was fine. She seemed content and things seemed to have gone well. She got up to her room and sent me a txt saying thanks for the pizza and walking me home, you are very sweet. Seems interested right?

Saw her around the next few days, had some casual conversations - nothing too intense though. Finally I sent her a text asking her if she would want to get dinner sometime this week. In response she said Hey! I sorta have a thing with someone but we still should sometime. I'm super busy this week but maybe next week!

So I basically got the full shove off, and I am just super confused right now. Do you have any idea what I did wrong? Me and my friends all thought she was interested and then that happened.. I mean, it was just dinner at our dining center. Not a big deal at all... Its not like I was asking her to come up to my room to get things heated up. I think she is a beautiful, sweet girl and wanted to get to know her better. Ihave no idea what happened..what did I do wrong?

2. Nothing, it's all about what someone else did right. Regardless, just be her friend, get to know her first and maybe she'll end up liking you more.

3. Girls.. they want one thing then the next day they change their minds.

4. SIGH!

The most basic knowledge for men trying to get a girl is: dont act like your interested. She txts you, txt her back hours later, etc etc.

Sounds like shes shopping around dude.

5. IMHO she probably wanted you to sleep with her on Saturday, when you didn't, she pretty much friend zoned you and found someone else who took control and did the deed... if she hadn't of found someone else so soon, she might have given you another shot, but with the way you played the cards that night she probably didn't view you as someone who would step up to the plate quick like.

Most girls are rather 'promiscuous' and will sleep with you on the first night out, but they aren't really full blown promiscuous, which is why she is playing the monogamous card now, but it's likely that she wanted sex...just fwb/sex/maybe she'd have a relationshipish fling if the sex was good.

Sucks, but finding a girl who wants the whole dinner date relationship getting to know each other thing before she opens her legs, is few and far between now a days. Generally the getting to know each other happens during the post coitus pillow talk.

6. Maybe she's genuinely busy, I've fucked some busy girls in my time.

7. so she had a BF?

8. This or shes lying about talking to someone to let you down gently.

9. Dude I've been there,SHIT!!!! What the fuck is wrong with these women,they just cannot step up and be honest.I just met a girl on here and I praise her for bein honest,she flat out told me I was to old. Then you get the one that's all that and just stops everything, who the fuck they think they are. Maybe give it sometime and see, don't be to quick to judge her just yet.

10. #10 Anschluss, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    aight some good thoughts here. I talked to her friend actually and she said she might kinda actually have a thing with another dude from previously. She doesn't wanna date the dude though, and he does or something? My guess is she is shopping around a bit (like someone said). I don't think she was looking for sex that night though the vibe wasn't there.

edit- I think for now, I will just chill and be friends. Never know what the future may hold.

11. yea id say you definitely missed your chance that night you hung out. if she gives you the time of day and seems interested go for the move. separate yourself from everyone else. how many guys every day strike up the small talk every day conversation now how many of those guys get that girl. be the one that stands out in her day and put your tongue down her throat. (if the kissings hot enough) haha good luck to you in the future m8

12. seemed like she wanted more of you that night you took her out for pizza and you kinda let her down

on the other hand, if she had a dude in mind already wowing her then she's obviously just a bit flirtatious in person and that someone already beat you to the punch a while ago, bro

13. Honestly it sounds like she's interested but she is also talking to another dude. If she agreed to have dinner with you it must not be that serious. Keep it light hearted with her and have dinner. You never know what will happen. If you got enough game, you can make her forget about him.

14. Alright,if this chick is makin your heart pound, knees weak and you think about her often, then my boy your in love and now is the time to take it slow. Give her a call or stop her in the hall, just to say high and how you enjoyed her company the other night. See if she'd be interested in goin out again,be the best gentleman you can be and mean it. But if she doesn't make you feel that way, then I say,move on.

15. ^ yeah I know what you mean man. Im just going for being friends now. She needs to figure what is up with herself before she can even make a decision, even if she is interested. I don't think about it much anymore, mostly because I was so disappointed because I honestly did not expect the response I got. There are plenty more ladies out there, but I had my eye on her for awhile. If she is still available next year, then next year I will make a move once again. For now, I will chill back, and finish out there year. The extra stress isn't needed. o and somebody asked if she had a boyfriend. She doesn't, but there is a guy that she is most likely fwb but he wants to date her and she doesn't or something like that.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and advice.