What was your favorite book you had to read in school?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Blaze, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Not just College/University or High School, but even elementary.

Personally I loved The Outsiders, it was really good.

In High School I loved Stephen Kings Different Seasons, it was a collection of novellas that included Stand by Me, and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption.

2. hatchet
    to kill a mockingbird

there are definitely others but i don't really remember them.

3. Travels with Charley

4. The outsiders was ok. I loved The Giver, Hamlet, and Macbeth. And Oedipus Rex.. and Odysseus. And Great Gatsby And yet I failed AP American Lit two or three times lol. I read it all. I just didn't do the work that followed. At all.

I HATED Catcher in the Rye. Waste of time.

5. Hamlet. You can interpret that ANY way you like. 100%ed that in my Eng. Lit. exams bitchessssssss.

6. Shakespeare was boring

7. NO! Blaze :cry:

goodbye my lover

8. #10 Dude Man Bro, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012

I wasn't forced to read it per se, but I was forced to pick a book from a list, and, funny enough, that particular book went on to become the best piece of literature I've ever read. It brought forth so many emotions, some positive, some negative, that I was all but forced to declare it my absolute favorite book ever.

9. Letters from Wolfie. I remember reading it in like 7th or 8th grade. I liked it because Vietnam-era is probably my favorite part in history, and it was about a dog-very sad :(

10. Anthem by Ayn Rand. Really messed with me and got me interested in philosophy

11. Can't decide between these three

Lord of the Flies
    Old Man and the Sea
    To Kill a Mockingbird

12. Man.. Boxcar Children was the shit, but my nostalgia is killed because I see you are banned..

13. Blaze... rest in peace brother.

14. I was not much of a reader as a child, but I remember loving The Hobbit.

15. The Time Machine! That was a great book.

16. Wait one god damn minute, what happened to Blaze???

17. Hatchet series or Ender's game series(favorite book series ever)