What was the best year (give or take 2) of your life?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Duft, Nov 3, 2022.

1. #1 Duft, Nov 3, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Mine was aged 22/23, I was at my sexual peak, had plenty of money, out of college, had my looks, the music was great in 1982. I hadn't been conned into getting married. Lived on a sailboat on a lake, just a great time. No tv on board or internet yet of course. In the evenings or on the weekends/days off I'd just sit and sip a good wine or bourbon, watching the sun go down listening to music and figuring out which girl would like to come and see my boat next... What a great time! If you would include how old, or about, how old you are now. I'm 63.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. This is a hard one, every year brings something new into my life. I'll have to think about this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. My best years were before 45 …. My body is broken

• Like Like x 4
  4. The 70's, best music and I was in grade school, no responsibility's :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'd say 2011, things went well for me with music production and then i moved out of home and spent every day partying like a rockstar then i met a girl. We only dated for 6 months but it was fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mine is now also. I've always wondered why my gf is with me. I'm definitely dating out of my league...

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Well Honestly Every Year After I Was Outta That Jamaican Hospital An Relatively Ok From My Traumatic Brain Injury Has Been Good Years...So From Bein Born To 16 Y/O An Then 5 Months Ina Hospital Learn To Walk Again Really Suck An I Still Cant Talk Well But After That 17 Years Old Till Now When Ima Be 35 Soon. Ima Happy Mom An Wife! I Just Thankful To Be Alive Every Day I Wake Up Even Painful Days!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 2006-2013.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 2020-2021
    Lots of time off work
    Money appeared in my mailbox
    Got lots of chores done around the house
    I just wish my social networking hadn’t taken such a beating, I miss my friends :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'd have to say the past couple of years. Virginia legalized cannabis, my favorite thing in all the world, and I have as much as I want from various different dealers.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 2003-2006...Honorable mention for 2011.

Between 03 and 06 I distributed marijuana through a few states and in 2011 I met the love of my life...That's the reason 2012 is notable to me, as it included both my lucky number, and biggest loss.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Sounds like you were in a gang, thats gang activity. What gang was it? Spose it's a secret. I hate secrets why did you mention you were in a gang. Secret gang activitys aren't secret when the gang talks about the activitys, and you just did. So what gang was it? A Big gang? Little gang? Worldwide westside!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 2023

• Winner Winner x 4
  14. I never joined any gang and as a general rule didn't do business with them either...They're too chaotic and sloppy to maintain a productive business association with.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. 2015 through 2017, between 27 and 29. My wife and I sold everything we owned and took off travelling. We started in Japan, moved east through China, southeast Asia, circled back over Indonesia to the Philippines. Three months in India. Lived in a van in England, spent a winter in Scotland. Traipsed around western Europe. Hopped down to South Africa, road tripped across a swathe of countries. I was sitting atop Table Mountain in Cape Town watching the sunset when she told me I was going to become a father.

I'm 34 now. And I might just be going through the worst couple years of my life. But I'm optimistic that there's plenty more of the best to come.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. What kind of boat did you live on, man? I'm a live aboard right now, moored on a river and loving it. I can't envision myself ever living on land again. I'm going to sail this thing around the world someday.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I Agree With You There I Will Have A Full Family Then Be All Set Up An Ina Routine With My New Daughter Celeste. Might Try To Better My Self An Get Over Some Of My Fears Too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Dizzy, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Most Notable Year If I Had To Be Specific Tho Would Be 2011 BC Thats When I Got Married To My Husband. Everyting Was Going Perfect An My Dad Was Still Alive Too. Plus All The Years My Kids Born On Too Of Course! :love::inlove:;wub:

~Toni~

19. I had a 30 foot Catalina. It was more of a day sailor but I was able to live aboard it and then eat at work. Good for one person to sail though better with two. I've got a pic somewhere, let me look.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. ewwww,

2014 moved out of my moms to my dads, biking around the city( avatar pic is from 2014) and living relatively stress free, started work to pay for college 2 months after moving in and been a drag since, fast forward to 2021 when I was able to go camping for a week in a national park.

been pretty draggy but am only 27. find im at my peak right now mostly because of having a inguinal hernia. I have to do the stretches and excises, and the scar tissue left behind can kill the apatite.