What was it like?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by simmer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. It's so exhilerating moving out.... hopefully I'll be doing that after school this month :)

I'm wondering...what was the place like that you first moved into out of your parents house?

Hopefully I'll be having an apartment with a newish soon to be 21 yr old friend lol ;)

His parents will be paying for it and I'll just pay like $40 a month wich that'll be very reasonable since I got my own room.:cool:

Going to smoke...anywhere....anytime....I want. No more hotboxing at 12.

No more having to return home and waking up my mom.

I can smoke as I'm watching tv. as I'm doing hw.
    as I'm doing chores.

Especially since we'll be getting zips for &70

and a bong so big it's going to be a piece of furniture. :D

I don't care if I'll be poor then.. I'll be happy. self-indulgently happy.:D

2. The taste of freedom is a taste of orgasm. :D

3. oh and yeah what was it like when you first flewyour parents coup?

4. i lived by myself briefly it was kind of a spur of the moment i need to get the fuck out of this house and i moved to a really shitty apartment complex. it was nice living alone but make sure you have stuff to put on the walls and food in the fridge. i'm sure cable will make things easier, internet is a must. i read a lot when i was by myself.

40 bucks a month? thats fucking legit man

good luck man i hope you enjoy it :)

5. I haven't yet sadly, I am very soon though. :hello:

6. Its pretty sweet man, if you're moving to a college kids kinda apartment, you're set. Parties every weekend, making new friends everywhere..ahh its the life man. Enjoy it while you can and try to live far away so that your parents never visit or anything. Last thing you need are surprise visits from them.

7. >Surprise visits from them

Ahhhh that would suck eh :p

8. My first apartment was a studio with poor electricity, a gas stove that wouldn't light half the time, a sink which would constantly back up, and a shower with no water pressure. When it rained water would seep in under the front door and make a mess. I didn't turn the heat on at all that first winter cuz I just couldn't afford it.

Didn't have my parents helping me out when I left home at 17 cuz we were pretty poor. I just saved up all throughout high school so I could pay first year's tuition plus down payment on the apartment...then I got myself a job.

Stayed at that place for 2 years, saved every penny I made, and then moved into a house.

9. No kidding.

but my mom wouldn't want my dad to find out and get mad as hell

sooo she'll most likely call before they come. and i doubt dad would come alone unless he was up to some childish scheme to catch me doing something illegal or irresponsible :rolleyes:

I just can't wait for the monster bong my future roomie will buy.

We already picked it out! It's a nice green glass about two to four feet tall (can't remember). It's got like 16 chambers/straw things and it's got this thing on it you can ash ithe bowl into

10. For real man it's gonna be the shit, but when you pay your first months rent you'll feel like you've been bitch slapped by reality. But still it's freedom man, it's the shit.

11. nice, its really exciting moving out

i kind of got kicked out, they gave me 2 weeks. i ended up moving into my friends flat for about a year (payin rent). basically a year of sat on my ass smoking weed, was a pretty good year :D:smoking: i was about 19 when i started making GOOD money for once and now a few years later i've got my own house but i live with 3 of my closest guy friends.

when i got my own apartment for the first time i loved it, before i didnt give a fuck about spliff ends on the floor and where/when i smoked, my parents didnt mind, but it was great not having to be constantly checked up on and phoned by my parents, its great being finally given trust and freedom. :)

12. After moving into a place that costs you $40 a month, I guarantee that you attitude will quickly change.

13. When you pay the first utility bills it will be a bitch slap from reality. At least you know what rent will be.

My first apartment was a mouse infested shit hole. One of those "traditional" 100+ year old albany apartments. It was one that is used every year almost exclusively by college students so it's perma-trashed. Heating a house on steam heat and drafty as hell windows costs a fortune. After the first bill we opted to just leave the heat off. Damn near 600 dollar bill for gas alone.

Regardless of any crappy surroundings it will be a glorious taste of freedom. Smoking and drinking where and when ever are a serious plus. Only seeing family on the holidays is always nice.

Best of luck.

14. its crazy, its been so long since I first moved out... about 10 years maybe...

and now I have my own car, everything in my name - my own 1 bedroom apartment rented off my own credit... more stuff than I ever had when I was a kid... a fridge stocked full of good food - a complete bar... yada yada..

freedom is fantastic.

also, writing that $1035 check every month continues to be a bitch slap ;)

15. That much!? :eek:

That's more than a bitch slap that's a shot in the foot. :smoke:

16. jesus christ rent is that much in campbell for a one bedroom?!?! i had a three bedroom house with attached garage for 900 in fresno!=/ is it nice as fuck there or what?

17. fuck i wish i had that freedom

18. I moved out a couple months ago.

It's so fucking nice. We gotta one bed one bath.
    Balcony over looking the CO mtns...

AC/Heat. Utilities are less than 80 bucks.
    We watch free tv from the internet, just hook up the comp.

I got some cool colored bulbs that save me $.
    Bought a nice plush couch we're stuck to.

I can smoke when I want, where I want, leave pieces out...

My family still lives close, but no worries about surprise visits.
    Plus I get a home cooked meal practically every weekend.

No one lives below us, or next to us...

It's my first apt, and I'm livin it up!!

WOOT to movin out!:hello:

19. I really hope that this will be the same way for me except the I only wiill have to pay $40 thing

20. Standard price for a decent 1 bedroom in the San Jose area...

It's not luxurious at all haha.. I have loud neighbors... etc.. but I don't live in a bad neighborhood - the apartment is pretty spacious (about 750 square feet) and overall its pretty comfortable...

of course, silicon valley is pretty damn expensive to live in.. I'm thinking of maybe finding roommates once my lease is up... granted, I'd have to sell HELLA shit but I figure I'd probably be better off in the long run if I can find some friends to move in with and split the bills with...