what was I thinking using CFL?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pure1, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I know they're good for beginners with low budget, but i was only in the middle of my very first grow and I've had my 600w light setup for a few days now.

A LOT bigger fan leaves, faster growth, better penetration. Just overall better

i'm never going back!

2. yep most of the newbies will figure it out sooner or later... the only advantage is the lower heat from cfls.. i still use 125w cfls for veg since i dont have it vented, just open all the time. plenty of fresh air but couldnt even run a 150w hps w/o running into heat problems.

3. I definitely feel you on that.

I need to keep the closet door open with an A/C in the room, that keeps it good. If I close that door it's like 91F in there

4. i have to run my central air almost all the time to cool down the room lol that is expensive. i run a carbon filter to a fan(outside of the tent) then vent it back in and through a cool tube and up and out of the room with another booster fan after the cool tube(also outside of the tent). it helps remove lots of heat.

i started closing off some vents in other rooms and the central air got my tent down to 65F instead of cooling off un-used rooms. so now when it gets warm in my living room, the tent gets a nice blast of freezing air =] before closing off the unused vents its been running at about 75-77 constantly, now its 65-73 with the living room being 75F

5. #5 Budabago, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    I feel ya pure1....I'll be getting my 600 in 3 weeks and can't wait. I have a solid CFL setup, so will use them for veg(perpetual grow) until the bulbs need replacing in a year or so. I will say that I am happy with how well the CFL's have done so far. Just caught the bug and want more:D

6. [quote name='"pure1"']I know they're good for beginners with low budget, but i was only in the middle of my very first grow and I've had my 600w light setup for a few days now.

A LOT bigger fan leaves, faster growth, better penetration. Just overall better

i'm never going back![/quote]

Yeah all I need is my digi ballast, 600w HID bulbs, and some fans, and I have my 6 inch cooltube waiting for a way more advanced setup.

Keep in mind even professionals use CFL's. And they come in handy for getting some light to lower foliage.