Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What was bud called back in the 60s n 70s?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jimmoman, Mar 25, 2007.

1. For the people that were around back then toking what was it called? i mean what would you ask the guy smoking for? Around here pretty much anyone will know what youre talkin about if you say you have bud? im in montreal by the way.

So anyone know what they use 2 call it?

2. I've heard a lot of older stoners say "hey... you holdin'?" and grass/bud/herb and sensi seemed popular. Joints seemed to be prevalent so I'm sure most of the time it was just referred to as a J.

3. The mother reffered to it as grass.

4. I think the terms then were like ganja grass reefer pot.....idk for sure though, dad calls it grass.

5. Definitely pot. I would also say reefer. At least I know that my parents refer to it as pot.

6. my mom calls it dope, i give her shit for it lol, its not heroin jeeze

7. those chewing tobacco containers that are made of tin,well we use to buy weed in them also called a lid,so we use to go score a lid of weed

8. My dad always calls it reefer. Not sure if that was the prevalent term, though. Someone said joints were more common back then, and I think that is probably true. Does anyone know what is actually the most common method of smoking nowadays?

9. Depends what country dude, in the UK Joints win hands down, I never meet up with a guy and hit a bong, it is always a J or two but then in America you guys seem to hit the bongs all night long, so pffft each to their own, as long as your toking, it dont matter how :)

My dad calls it weed or grass or wacky backy lol

10. All of the old potheads I know call it "dope". I hate that word, because it makes it seem like it's bad for you, but to them it just means weed, so I gotta have respect.

Grass was also pretty popular during the 60's... "Dope" during the 70's.

11. same with my moms, lol my dad calls it weed

12. my parents call it dope mostly. They smoke though, so there's no negitive connotation.

13. pot, grass, reefer and weed are probably the most popular ones.

14. All the old stoners I've ever talked to have called it grass, including my mom and Biology professor.

15. they used to call a zip a "lid"

16. the father who is a non smoker in all respects called it grass. he usually just refers to asking if I'm on drugs.

17. my pops grew skunk...lol.
    said he smoked thai sticks a few times

18. yeah when im in america, i rarely come across a group of people smoking J's. everyone smokes out of bongs, steam rollers, pipes, bubblers etc. glass pieces basically. but when im in bristol to visit family, all my cousins friends smoke joints and never use glass pieces.
    cultural differences are very interesting

19. some older guy i know refers to smoking weed as ''fogging''

20. My parents usually refer to it as herb. They used to smoke a lot too. But they don't allow me to, at least while I'm living in their house.