What voltage/wattage should I vape at?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by AugustusOdysseus, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, and good morning (from where I'm from at least),

So recently I purchased a variable voltage and variable power (watts) vape battery, and the atomizer I will use to place the herb in has 2.4 ohms of resistance. The only problem is, I have no clue what a good "range" would be to set the voltage/watts. Now I know it's all about how hard of a hit I want and how the smoke is flowing, but I just want a rough estimate as I am merely running on assumptions from the internet and I truly hope I don't fry something right off the bat. As from what I found online, the best suggested voltage was between 3.5 and 4 volts and the suggested watts ranged from 4.5 to 8. Those numbers were based off of the resistance on my attachment. Can anyone concur? If not, what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone! :hello:  :smoking:

2. Hello everyone, and good morning (from where I'm from at least),

First of all, this is a repost since I placed my last question in the wrong category, so yes you might've seen this before. So recently I purchased a variable voltage and variable power (watts) vape battery, and the atomizer I will use to place the herb in has 2.4 ohms of resistance. The only problem is, I have no clue what a good "range" would be to set the voltage/watts. Now I know it's all about how hard of a hit I want and how the smoke is flowing, but I just want a rough estimate as I am merely running on assumptions from the internet and I truly hope I don't fry something right off the bat. As from what I found online, the best suggested voltage was between 3.5 and 4 volts and the suggested watts ranged from 4.5 to 8. Those numbers were based off of the resistance on my attachment. Can anyone concur? If not, what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

3. Go with what's recommended then mess around and see what suits your needs

4. Start at 3.8 volts then move up as needed.

5. #5 hitops, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    4.27 to 8.44 in watts for volts 3.20 to 4.50 thats whats recommended just have to play with it higher then that will drastically reduce coil lifespan or  if set on max setting device can go could just burn it up. Taken for here >  http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png also you can only vape by watts or volt one or the other even if you have settings for both. Explanation > Volts are like driving a car using gas pedal it accounts for no variances in road conditions (aka coil resistance material) like going up a hill you have to give er more gas to maintain speed same would hold true with a coil as all are going to be slightly different and react different. Just a law of physics. Now watts are like a cruise control on a car it accounts for that to maintain consistency considered by many superior way to vape. 

6. Wait a second ... is this going to be used for Marijuana on a exposed coil? Or does the device have a chamber holding herb that is heated by the coil to prevent combustion? Or is it heating incoming air? Thats going to make a big difference in what you set the coil at as we would need to set it to maintain a  temperature under combustion.