What Vaporizer to get

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by KonradMoore3, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Hey I am thinking about getting a portable vaporizer and what some info on what to get. Right now I am leaning towards the Pax vap but also looking at getting a G pen just because it is so much cheaper. Also I am willing to look into others.

Another thing is that I would like to start saving money by only using .5g of herb a day so I need something that will only need .5g a day and still be able to get cooked twice a day.

Also I want to know how good the high is from the pax and other vaps because I am used to ripping bongs that get me RIPPED. will the high I get from it be worth it?

2. I'm no expert, but I've used a fair amount of vapes over the past 5 years or so.

I really like the Pax, its a bit pricey (as in, yes I find it is better than the MFLB, but is it really 3x better?).  It vapes well, you can get decent clouds off of it, etc.  Plus its just so stealthy!  My only complaint is that it smells a bit more than some other portable vapes I've used (but still way less than smoking).

I would also suggest you look at the Grasshopper Vaporizer (used to be called the ZenPen). It's not out yet, but they are trying to get them into production by February, 2014 if you preorder.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer

I also would reccomend the Arizer Solo if portability isn't a huge issue, as it is much bigger (but still battery powered) than the Pax and it hits at least as well as most desktop vapes if not better IMHO.  Think big clouds with this one, but less stealth.

Hope this helps?  And yes you can still get ripped off a vape, it might just take a few more hits.

3. G-pen won't vaporize your herbs. The Pax has to have almost .5g packed into it in order to work properly AND you have to clean it every 5-10 uses in order for it to even work properly. There's problems with the sensor not working so they send, get this, food grade lube in order to combat it.

Look into the Firewood, the Solo, the Inhalater, the Hammer. They are all linked for easy "at your fingertips" info about them, but the Solo's thread is the most hefty out of all of those.

The difference between these and the Pax is they utilize an amount of convection with the Hammer using almost pure convection, so you can use about .05 to get ripped versus almost half a gram. You can pack more bowls to get higher. Plus, 3 out of the 4 vaporizers are much cheaper than the Pax, being around $100 to $150. Don't worry about the butane on the Hammer it's separate from the air path. I suggest any of them that use glass, but I was throwing in the Inhalater as a "control" if you will, showing that convection vapes do indeed go up to that much (I don't get why they market the Pax at $250, it's just an expensive Magic Flight Launch Box).

I suggest the Firewood first being the classiest (and it looks like a dugout), then the Solo, then the Hammer (because it's butane versus electric).

4. Atmos Raw seems to be getting lots of attention lately. I think that will be my first purchase for a vape pen for straight herb. 
    On their website they are selling for 190 dollars which seems crazy. Ebay they are everywhere for around 50$.

Anyone buy one from ebay? Is it the same as the company or some knockoff? 

It'll be an unwise choice, the Atmos burns your herb. The coil is unregulated and just keeps heating as long as the button is depressed.

I like to call any of those pens that look like that "electronic pipes," because they do not vape.

6. if you want the best, i was researching online for weeks and came up with the Plenty.

everyone that has it, loves it.  

While I'm happy that you found a vape that you really like, I just gotta correct two statements above.

One, is that it is not the best and two, not everyone that has it loves it.

And my statement above does NOT imply that you didn't get a great vape that works for you.     Enjoy it.    Like every vape including the Plenty, some people really like it and others don't.