Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What us older stoners need to teach to the younger stoners - on LIFE, not weed.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Old Stoner GTO, Jun 8, 2009.

1. #1 Old Stoner GTO, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    I've read the thread on giving advice and knowledge to our younger members on Cannabis and toking up, however I believe there needs to be a thread on giving our LIFE knowlege away to the young 'uns. I hope there isn't another thread in this vein, but I am too lazy/stoned (LOL) to look.

Over the years I've learned a lot, mostly the hard way (ouch), and some lessons took a while to get right.

After having a slight altercation/heated discussion on another thread (which shall remain unnamed, I am not proud of it, and he shouldn't be, either) with another person here at Grasscity, I think WE ALL, young and old alike, can learn from one another. Some of the wisest words I have ever heard spoken has come from an 18 year old first year college student, who had been smoking weed for two years. Now that young man had a head on his shoulders, and a BRAIN inside that head, too! ;) And he has a very good chance at furthering his law career in Cannabis defense at a large, highly coveted Ivy League school. Good luck, David!

Let us older farts here at Grasscity give a few words of wisdom to our future leaders and activists. And may our younger members start a new thread to which maybe us older tokers can learn as well from them!

1. Treat others as you would like to treated. This ought to be a law somewhere. Too many times I have seen older stoners put down our younger counterparts because they believe they are Gods of Knowledge or something. We can ALL learn from EACH OTHER, young to old, and old to young! Why should we diss someone for growing Lowryder and hauling in smaller yields than someone growing a regular strain ? If someone prefers schwag because it's cheap, or cannot afford Kind bud, why diss them for it? Support them, and maybe one they, they will reciprocate, and support YOU!

Try and put yourself in others shoes, and try to think as they do. Only then will you fully understand where they are coming from.

I am guilty at doing the same thing at times. However if I am wrong, I'll say so, and apologize, and try my hardest not to make the same mistake again. I want to get along and be friends with everyone here. And everyone outside of our Stoner Nation. I want to go through this world learning from others, and being treated just and fair by others. And passing along what I've learned to others.

Why can't we all just get a bong? :D

So that is my first bit of advice to our young adults here at Grasscity. I hope to add more as time goes along, and maybe us older folks will add more as well. But do give good, sane advice. Remember oldsters, we were young once! I think, LOL...

Happy toking and growing, my friends! :smoking:

2. COME ON, you old farts! Give some advice, for goodness sakes!

And you young fellers, start a new thread and teach us old farts a thing or two. Tell us what pisses you off about us, and then tell us how we can make it right!

You young people are our future leaders! We support you, well, I can't speak for the other old farts here, but this old fart supports you!

I am sick and tired of hearing older folks put down the young adults.

Let's teach EACH OTHER, ok?

3. All the old brothas be sleepin

4. ROFL:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

5. I offered this on another thread where a young person asked if life was worth living beyond the teenage years as he had been told that those years are the best life has to offer:

This may have been true at one time, but I find it did not apply to my life at all. I am nearly 50 now and and it just gets better all the time (except for the aches & pains) It gets better because you become better able to control your own destiny, earn some $ and you get to know how people act & think which allows you to avoid being manipulated or taken advantage of. Don't misread my comment about earning money...money can't buy happiness, but it can provide you OPPORTUNITIES. Life has a lot to offer and if you go about it right you can have a wonderful adventure. There will be days, maybe even years where your life will just fucking blow, BUT it can get better. My best advice (not that you asked!) is to get an education, find a job you like and make your life what you want it to be.,

6. Now THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout, Heavy Metal 1 ! Excellent advice.

I have this saying about money - Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a pants load of things to be happy with! Like weed, LOL!

Thanks HM1 !

7. #7 Tikwid, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
    that's solid advice that everyone should take into consideration +rep

8. 1] 49 is not old. Most of you [not all] will see this age and when your here you'll understand more about "old"
    2] Stay in school as long as ya can, no shit.
    3] Stay at home as long as you can stand it or till your 23 then get out.
    4] Speak ill of no one.
    5] Hang out w/ your betters not your lessers. Another no shit.
    6] Don't misstreat animals, make sure your pet has food. Sounds corny, but have you ever been really hungry?
    7]Try not to cuss a lot,makes you look stupid. Hey I'm just telling ya.
    8] Another "No shitter" is don't drink and drive.
    9] Never ever for any reason rat one out NEVER.
    10] Never rip one off.
    11] You will be ripped off.......deal with it.
    12] If ya got stuff to do. Try not to smoke while the sun is shining.
    13] Never screw a friends lover, unless they throw it on ya then bang their brains out.
    14] Never ever let guilt get to ya.
    15] The policeman is not your friend and he will lie to ya.
    16] Don't fuck w/ liers.
    17] Don't blow all ya money on dope.
    18] Don't fire up dope or smoke crack.
    19] Have kinky meth sex at least once in your life. Twice is better.
    20] You're not as smart as you think you are. However you will be smarter tommorrow than you are today. It gets that way every day for the rest of you life. Then if your lucky and you can make it to 49 then you can share some of your wisdom.
    Hell I said is was gonna burn one.

9. Im a 21 year old who needs some serious direction in life. Any advice given in
    here is VERY appreciated. I hope Im one of many to say I hope this thread does well! :smoking:

Props Old Stoner GTO

10. if you consistently use optimism, you're life will be 5 times better.

attitude determines altitude.

11. Smoke as much weed as possible fuck as many girls as you can. Life long lesson in one sentence;}

12. Haha ftp! :hello::devious::smoking:

13. Fried took me a ride on some old country roads, I live in the sticks.
    So here's some more I've learned, belive it or don't.
    21] Don't whine, no one cares.
    22] The only people who really love is family.
    23] If ya live long enough and you have 5 people in your life you can call a friend you have done good. [ As you get older you'll see what I mean]
    24] If your lover says they have a gambling problem.......... RUN LIKE HELL
    25] Do not marry a drunk-dope head [I mean a real junkie]-violent/mean/bitchy/jealous/insecure/weak/low morals/lazy/no ambition any of latter more of former person.
    26] Listen to what people say.
    27] Watch what people say.

28] People who say they're friend...arn't.
    29] Don't trust men who smile a lot and allways want to shake your hand.
    30] Be prepared. Credit of the Boy Scouts.
    31] Allways be observant of your surroundings.
    32] If ya look like a thug/punk/wanna be what ever ya gonna get treated that way.
    33] Looking like a freak will not get you far in life unless an act of God happens.
    34] Being an outlaw badass is costly in many ways.
    35] A felony is serious shit and easy to get.
    36] They bad shit that happens to ya is your own fault 90%+ of the tie.
    37] Get a camera and take lots of pictures,you'll be glad ya did in 30-40 years.
    38] Be helpful and respectful and expect nothing in return.
    39] Don't be an ass/dick/punk or bitch to your waitress/server/ e-z mart clerk or someone who has to listen to a lot of shit so they don't need to hear it from you.
    40] Make people laugh, but don't look like a fool or make othes look as such. [ Fellers the best way to get in a girls britches is to make her laugh. This is old man I know it works shit. Better yet get a Harley, be a enough of a badass ya aint gotta listen to no shit,be polite and funny and see how much pussy ya get.]

14. You create everything in your life the good and the bad.

control your thoughts or they will control you.

Cut anyone from your life if they offer no value,disrespects,or don't live up to your

standards.

15. if you get married.. just remember this one simple rule.. she is always right..

16. To the OP.

I'm not gonna pull any punches here, but please understand, my intent is not to flame you in any way, but just to add a different perspective here.

The ONLY thing that you or any of the "oldsters" are doing here in this thread is giving you an opportunity to feel productive, but don't think for a moment that any of the "youngsters" here give a rats ass as to what you have to say.

I don't know about you, but for me, I always had to learn the "hard way", that is, I had to learn from my own experiences. The ONLY time that I learned from anyone else is when I ASKED them for advice. It was only then that I was ready to listen, and believe me, that didn't happen too often.

So yeah, I'm an older stoner here attempting to point out to all you younger stoners (all you who are younger than 65 years old but older than 30) that this thread is nothing more than an exercise to help you make you THINK that you are doing something good for the world, but in fact, is a total waste of your time.

What isn't a waste of time though, is to periodically bitch-slap these kids silly every once is awhile. It's kinda fun to shove words of wisdom down their throats till their eyes tear up, but ya just have to understand that it is done purely for personal pleasure. :ey:

17. I thoroughly enjoy this thread!toking and learning.:smoking::hello:

18. so far in my few years i have learned a good amount due to smoking and socializing with all different age people.

My main point is respect. if you show respect, you will get it in return, and if you dont, you are with people you shouldnt be with. Respect is key in this world

19. Honestly, I think a lot of the advice here is good in practice, but I've met too many old fuck-ups to want to listen to anyone but my gut.

I am also a firm believer in that people only learn from pain and suffering. It's the human way, I could write down all the life lessons I've learned in my short time on this Earth and someone else in the same exact position will never take it to heart unless they go through the same stuff I did to learn those same lessons.

So my advice, and this isn't from an 'older' member, is to do exactly what you want to do (right or wrong) and learn the most you can because it'll only season you for your future. You only get one shot at life, live it the way you want.

20. #20 CaliGrown., Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    This is where the line should be drawn. There shouldn't be old and young. We all contain equal amounts of untapped knowledge and wisdom, and to divide us, is to fight us.
    Here's a seasoned-up youngsters words of wisdom.
    I've heard many a men complain of the disrespect handed out by the younger generation, and it's simply because they do the same thing. I don't know how many times I've gotten into an argument with an older person, and watched them make a fool of themselves simply because they couldn't admit to their fault. We're all wrong sometimes, and it would be nice to hear someone admit it, rather than defend their folly until death.

Youngsters can be right, too. As long as they stick to the facts, and don't misrepresent their opinion, their information is just as valuable as the next guy.
    We're all equals in this world; just because you've been here twice as long as me, doesn't mean your facts are more true than mine.

Edit: QFT.