What unsolved mystery / unexplained phenomenon captures your interest the most?

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Jan 18, 2012.

1. That's possible I suppose. However I've heard so many accounts of ancient civilizations across the world who have legends about an ancient city/civilization that predated them, with accounts of high technology, weapons, vehicles, and whatnot. I'll have to do some digging when I feel the urge and post some things concerning this topic.

I'll look into Plato's account as well, because right now I've decided to look into philosophical teachings of the ancient world.

2. I have heard the similar phenomena called "Seneca Guns". Really impressive noise, vibrates your whole body. Notice that they don't really know what they are...

Earthquake Booms, Seneca Guns, and Other Sounds

3. why must i always flush the toilet twice after a take a deuce???

4. We had to study this phenomenon in 9th grade health class. We came to the conclusion that this happens when your dropping contain fecal matter and semen..

5. [​IMG]

"The Voynich manuscript, described as "the world's most mysterious manuscript", is a work which dates to the early 15th century, possibly from northern Italy. It is named after the book dealer Wilfrid Voynich, who purchased it in 1912.
    Some pages are missing, but the current version comprises about 240 vellum pages, most with illustrations. Much of the manuscript resembles herbal manuscripts of the time period, seeming to present illustrations and information about plants and their possible uses for medical purposes. However, most of the plants do not match known species, and the manuscript's script and language remain unknown and unreadable. Possibly some form of encrypted ciphertext, the Voynich manuscript has been studied by many professional and amateur cryptographers, including American and British codebreakers from both World War I and World War II. As yet, it has defied all decipherment attempts, becoming a cause célèbre of historical cryptology."

6. D.B. Cooper! Never forget!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7S1F3K3rVI]Unsolved Mysteries DB Cooper- Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

7. I'd like to know just what information was lost to mankind when the Library at Alexandria was burned. Think of the knowledge (possible far more advance than our own) that has been lost and yet to be rediscovered, if it gets rediscovered at all, that is. I'd give anything to know