Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Types Of Solvent Can I Use To Make Hemp Oil/rick S.s Oil?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sacerdotal, May 31, 2013.

1. Talk to MONSANTO DOW and DUPONT before I'll hear a lecture........

Not a personal comment against you.... I'm just sayin.

2. If one is running a lot of extractions then it isnt long before basic economics demand that you reclaim the solvents :)

3. #23 Paz, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    Actually yes, ethanol would be a great choice for polishing off so to speak..

People should understand toxicity a little more, its just science, even nitrogen is toxic at high levels. Therefore if its removed to lower than those levels there isnt anything to concern about..

far more damage to your body eating 90% of supermarket food nowadays :)

4. What if u leave the buds in 40% alcohol for a few weeks.
    After that u vaporize the alcohol and water off on a coffeybrewer plate til all is gone but the oil?
    Sort of a refined tincture.

5. Seems crazy to evaporate all that isopropyl into  the atmosphere ,done it lots of times . But butane is 10 times faster and the result is better if you know what to do . Nothing that you are using to evaporate with is good for the planet. Now the product is different with Butane you get a sticky gum like product that needs to be doubled broiled out , just like isopropyl if it bubbles , then it still has impurities. If there was a way to make a still to save all that isopropyl then you could be a little more earth friendly. but stills blow up from what I see on moon shiners. Either way it is dangerous ,you need excellent ventilation and no pilot lights around and remember that it is explosive stuff. Always do it outside of the house