What type of soil?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Michael420, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Im starting a micro grow.. will just be big enough to house 4 plants.. started at 12/12 right after they root.. just going to try to pull 2-3oz total, plant heiths wont exceed more than a foot.. Will be running a scale carbon filter, ducting, passive intake..reflective sides, CFL's... nothing big not spending over 100 bucks on this experiment

I know quite a bit when it comes to hydro and im starting to put it into practice.. everything is going nice.. but.... I have no idea what im doing when it comes to soil lol.

So my question is:

What can i buy for soil where i dont have to screw around with nutrients, is there any soil that i can start my plants in and go all the way to the end of the grow without having to do anything with it. Fox Farms or anything like that?

Im looking for simplicty.. easiest setup for soil.. if am going to have to add nutrients to it i want it as simple as possible.

Ty for your info.

2. ffof is good for a short veg and 2 month flower without really adding anything. I run a zero veg sog style grow and all I give is a little molasses once in a while, unless of course a plant is asking for more.

ffof or happy frog should work out good for a short veg and flower..if anything, you'll probably run into calmag problems a few weeks in but that's what the molasses is for. If you find you need a little more nutes, I reccomend pbp bloom for soil..had much better luck with that one nute than I did with the FF 3 part soil line.

3. Check out Vic's super soil it can be a bit costly to put it together and it does not come store bought, but its a water only mix which means you don't have to worry about killing your precious crop by over fertilizing or under fertilizing and it will work from start to finish.

1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
    8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
    4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
    1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source
    3-4 cups powdered dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
    1 tsp fritted trace elements
    4 cups kelp meal.
    9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

- Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use.

4. Ty bongsauce.. ill have to read up on all that and see whats up, as long as my plants are healthy and green..lol

Housefulloweed- Lol, you always apply to my threads and give good advice.. this is not a simple soil mix though.. lol.. and im only going to need like a few handfulls of soil for my micro grow. But im going to put my mother plants into soil here in my hydro setup so this is actually pretty helpful. Im going to read up on vics super soil as well.

thanks everyone.. keep the advice coming..

5. Yeah i figured it may be a bit more than what you need that recipie makes a fuckton of soil once its mixed with perlite but i figured i would throw it out there, its a very nice soil and you gotta love that you don't have to worry about feeding.

6. anyone else?

7. Hey bongsauce should i mix in some perlite.. ive been reading some and people say mix in 30-40% perlite into a FFOF mix..

If i were to do a FFOF with 30% mix of perlite.. and go strait to flowering as soon as the plants are a little over a couple inches.. when should i add nutrients.. from what i hear the only thing you really need to add to this is calmag or lime..

Im just going for 6 big colas in a little area (6 plants total).. going for 2 oz... just enough for personal smoke. Do you guys think this could be pulled off..? 6 plants strait to 12/12. with good conditons. i would actually love 3 oz to last me 2 mon.

8. personally I don't mix in anything, if I'm using larger containers like more then a gallon, then I put a layer of hydroton on the bottom for drainage. If you're transplanting into larger containers try to do light waterings till the roots develop.

I put clones into flower at about 3 inches and end up with about 3-4 gram top colas, as long as you train out your plants or pack them in there enough to utilize all the light you should be able to expect .5 grams per watt.

9. Air pots prolly would be a nice addition to your set up OP.