What type of seed to plant outdoors??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BinaVW420, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Hey , noob question ,, but should I plant an autoflowering seed outdoors or photo ? And when should I plant it (time of year) I live in Ontario, Canada .. but our summers are HOT, which seed is best

2. Hey man,I'm in the same area.autos are nice because they are done in like 80 days from seed,but they are small and so is the yeild.check out bc bud depot for seeds,they have alot of outdoor strains that finish early,pinewarp,sweet tooth,timewarp....are you planting in the ground,or in pots?

3. I'm probably going to stick to pots so that it has the right soil .. I'm in Tobermory along the river and it's almost purely rock and dirt .. So i might have to keep it in a pot. Also , when is the best time to plant ?

4. Well if ur growing in pots IDE start em inside now if u can,then put them in the ground by June at the latest,if u can't start inside then plant ur seeds around June depending on the weather.the bigger ur pots are the better

5. Some of the new generation auto's yeild quite nicely.

Depends entirely on your situation. Auto's are good because they take less time so thats a definate advantage, but you do have to give up potency and yeild, although you can find decent yeilding autos. They also stay short compared to a photoperiod strain, which is also a good thing if your worried about them being seen or found.

If you've got a decent space and the time/patience you can go for a photoperiod strain and would have alot more variety.

If you're gunna do autos in pots, its best to get them in their finishing pots asap for best root growth.

Good luck :hello:

6. Hey thanks so much !! Ill be doing the autos in a large pot indeed :) much love

7. I have never heard of an auto strain that yields more than a few oz