What type of Razor do you use?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Jun 5, 2007.

1. (Instead of hi-jacking a thread. I'll create my own.)

Personally, I'm a blade guy. I can shave my entire face within under a minute, using the Mach 3 and some good shaving cream.

[​IMG]

For Christmas, my girl got me a hot-lather dispenser. It takes all types of cans of shaving cream and turns into hot-lather. BEST THING EVER.

[​IMG]

With some warm, lather, and fresh 4-bladed, razor, its like butter. You can have the smoothest shave, ever. Its awesome.

I remember using an electric razor once. I had some mean-ass stubble growing. A week without shaving. I used my buddy's electric razor, and it wasn't shaving. Just pulling it out by the roots. Painful as hell.

Plus, a good electric razor is going to run you $150-200 anyway. I might as well, get some good foam and blades for 10 times less, and faster.

2. Same here. Hot lather looks sexy as fuck too.

3. I dont have a razor.Im 19 and barely have any facial hair.I shave here and there
    but i mostly glorify it.lol.

4. Man, my beard is thick and full. Started coming in when I was 14. Peach hair was immense, and I started shaving them. Now, I need to shave every 2 days or I'll have a full-blown beard by day 7.

Right now, I'm gonna grow it out. ('Til my boss tells me to shave it.) I had a 2 footer when I lived in the desert. So awesome, coupled with my long-hair.

I looked like I had been living on a desert island for years. I miss those days. :(

5. I don't shave, I'm going for a ZZ top.

Not even joking.

6. I'm trying to go the the "Top" look. But, I know I'll have to shave it by then.

Its so liberating knowing that you don't have to spend minutes, at 6 AM, groggily, dragging a razor across your throat.

Anyone else thinks that's just too dangerous?

7. your lucky!i want a damn beard.Id look cool in one.Id say by age 25-27 id have one. but damn, not in 7 days.

8. The Norelco 5801XL
    [​IMG]

9. I have a mean-assed beard also.

Usually, I use the Gillette Fusion.
    [​IMG]

It works, but it's not very precise. With all those blades, it's hard to trim a beard and keep a goatee going. The top single blade doesn't do shit.

I picked up some Schick Quattro disposables...and those things were fairly nice.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. lol, yea, that single blade doesn't do shit. Just pulls your hairs out, not trim them.

Hurts, a lot.

I hate my thick beard. I normally use an electric trimmer to shorten it. Then, I shave.

Otherwise, it'd be too painful to shave. It just pulls hairs out, not shave them.

Warm lather and sharp blades are how its done. :)

11. Yesssssssiiiirrr. I got one for xmas also. Drastically smoother shave than with regular shaving cream/gel.

Combo of these two things makes for a very smooth and clean shave, i love the single blade on the back of the fusion for areas you have to be precise.

12. I use a straight razor. Takes long, but you get a much better shave.

Requires maintenance like any good blade, though. It's real good for trimming sideburns. Probably is for mustaches and beards too, but I rarely grow one, and leave a rough edge.

Looks something like this, except mine has a walnut handle

[​IMG]

13. Rasta. I've been wanting to get into the whole straight razor deal for a while. Last time I looked into it, the start-up cost seemed to be rather prohibitive.

I've heard it is absolutely the best shave you can get though.

14. Depends on the occasion.

Day to day- cheap Norelco electric.

Special date night with the wifey- Mach 3

Wedding, funeral or VERY big day- Old Italian Guy with a straight razor. Hands down, best shave.

15. Schick Quattro for me :smoke:

but i have a Braun electric razor that has this liquid stuff come out that makes the shave not so bad

16. Fusion all day baby! all them blades up front.. plus the one in the back, so crucial n makes meh face so smooooth

17. Im the same way man. In a week of no shaving I look like a total bum :D

I got me a Gilette(sp) Fusion. Shit works wonderfully, and it vibrates and makes the hairs stand up so you can get a closer shave.

HOWEVER, I think 5 blades is just over doing a bit.

18. It also takes FOREVER!

I only use it on the weekends, I use a medium-priced electric, no clue what brand.... Braun maybe? Keeps the stubble at bay.

19. Wow, no way I can use a straight blade. I think I'd need the hands of a surgeon for that.

What kind of angle do you have to get on those for it to cut?

20. [​IMG]

Gillette Fusion and Edge Advanced shaving cream. Same can of cream since I was 18