What Type Of Plant Training Should I Use For Highest Yield?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by ZachKerr, May 2, 2014.

1. Hi
    I have a rough idea how I want to train my plants to be in order to best fill my space for best yield, but I was wondering what you guys think I should do to get it.

I'll try to describe my space and how I want them, if I don't explain it well let me know and I'll try n make pics on paint or something.
    Ok so my space is a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent, in which I'll be putting 6 plants in 5 galon DWcs (33cm or so diameter) in 2 rows of three under a 600w HPS which will have been vegged for about 2 months (however long it takes previous crop to flower). I'll probably space it so that there's something like 15cm between the DWCs and the wall of the tent and the remaining 25cm or so in the middle. So this will give the plants 60cm wide and 40cm long (and whatever height) to grow, so as you can probably tell I'll need to do quite a bit of training.

I was thinking of topping fairly early to try and make them a kind of Y-shape and tie down half into the middle n tie the other on down a little or just leave it the way it is and cut and tie together to stop from going past 40cm and interfering with each other and let it grow however it wants in the middle and maybe lollipop or defoliate a little, but it seems like there's a lot of variables involved.
    I could LST them around the buckets and maybe if necessary also tie down some secondary branches into the middle, but I've tried LST before n it didn't work very well n never was able to get it around the pot at all, pretty sure because they were autos but it still put me off

So what should I use: LST, Super-Cropping, Defoliation, Topping, Main-Lining or some mixture

The strains I'm 99% sure I'm growing (haven't bought them yet) are: Critical Mass (Mr Nice Seeds, mostly Indica), Super Lemon Haze (Green House Seeds, mostly Sativa) and Critical Jack (Dinafem, Something like 60% Sativa I think)

Anyway I'm guessing in order to get the highest yield possible it'll have to be some kind of mixture of training, but what?

2. I would suggest making a grid in your room lst them, 6 in 5 gal dwc those are going to take up a lot of space I did this with 1 plant and it took up the whole room 4'x4' but I did yield 11 oz using a 600 watt hps. I would recommend keeping your grow cycle under 3 weeks. Hope this helps good luck with what you decide

3. Thanks for the reply
    I think I've decided I'm going to top as early as I can, LST the 2 new main stems to each side of the pot then when it reaches the end I'll top again and LST so that from above it looks like an H and then let it grow upwards while LSTing into the space in the middle and defoliating. That way I'll end up with 4 main colas and whatever other bud sites grow in between.
    Better than just LSTing around the bucket as i worked out it'd have to be 103cm tall (and however tall when I started LST), They would be able to grow that much easily but then it won't be able to gain much actual height thus not the best use of my space.

4. I'm very interested in your grow please keep posting to update results I know this is future planing currently but I'm interested in growing same kind of set up "6 -5gal dwc " in one tent since I would like 6 flavors between harvest but with rapid growth in the dwc I have issues with more than 3 they just grow to fast. Sorry for the ramble very curious on your results tho. Happy smoking

5. Yeah well I'm planning on doing a grow journal, don't know how often I'd remember to update though lol. But I need to make one as I always find myself forgetting how old they are.
    On a sidenote if I do do a journal I'm going to edit the first post with the final yield, cos it's a bitch going through loads of journals trying to find the yield of the strain you're interested in!