Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What type of piece should I use?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cancer_in_PA, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Here's my situation. I usually smoke my meds alone. Once in awhile my wife will join me. I use a small pipe, but it burns pretty fast (I go through 1/4 every 3-4 weeks) This is probablely a stupid question, but is there a way to stretch it out? The only person I have to hook me up is my brother-in-law and he is the middle man so it isnt alway fastest or here when I need it. I tried to buy larger quantities but the guy won't hook me up with more than 1/4 at a time. I tried one hitters but it isn't enough for the pain. Any suggestions?

2. one word. VAPORIZER
    id go with the volcano if you got the dough to blow

3. Vaporizer probably the best way to conserve weed, after that I'd say it was a nice bong :)

4. Silver Surfer.

5. What does the vaporizer do?

6. Um. it vaporizes the weed..?

7. instead of burning the weed, and activating the thc that way,

it heats it up to the boiling point of the active ingredients, and the active ingredients turn to vapour, they evapourate, without making smoke.

Apparently, its just like breathing air, and very efficient.

EDIT: get on youtube and do a bit of googling. they arent cheap, but neither is Medical marijuana, so you want to be efficient, it may work out nicely

8. No need for sarcasm.

9. It vaporizes the cannibinoids to the correct temp and puts it into a vape, no smoke, no added plant material just the medicine. If you play around with the temp you can achieve different highs as not all of the cannibinoids vape at the exact same temp. When you think there is no more turn up the heat a bit more and vape some more. You can vape it till you see smoke too. Each vape varies so finding an answer to what temp to vape at can be some what difficult, best is to find one that has good reviews, many people have one to refer to use it, and follow there vaping instructions.

10. Agreed.

11. i say a bubbler. I'm not into vaporizing and i've used them many times. In my experience bubblers are the most conserving of all paraphernalia

12. I agree with the vape, I got a vaporbrothers with a nice grinder for 160 at my local headshop, but depends on where you live i suppose. Also you shouldn't let your vape combust and if it does you should put it out and blow the smoke out. It's burning at just barely hot enough to burn this low temp. smoke more easily houses airborne toxins at low temp, that's why second-hand smoke (the smoking from the unattended lit cherry) is so much more detrimental to health.

13. Thank you for the advise and explaining things. I appreciate it.

14. One thing too, if your stash, by the end of week 2 is pretty dry and lost its moisture, you can put in a fresh cut weed leaf to help make it more full and dense again, so when you go to grab it, it doesn't break up on you you can simply 'pull' it apart instead. (You can use other things like orange peels too, but watch for mold) Talk about a run-on sentence ahha!

15. #15 abnormldood, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    You obviously haven't used a quality vape then. If you can manage 6 hits out of .025g with a bubbler I will eat my own foot. Vapes are by far the healthiest and most efficient way to consume MJ, and they are much cleaner as well. You don't realize how much smoke masks the actual taste of your bud until you vape--it's just like a fresh burst of flavor that everyone has to experience at least once. Vapes also produce a more functional high, which is great when you want to do something other than sit there and look stoned.

I definately recommend Da Buddha, or if you have the money, an Extreme Vaporizer for it's versatility and superior efficiency.

16. Speaking of vapping i just remmebered my idea... someday when its legal here in MN I will set-up shop and Ill have a Vape room, with one big giant vape, or mult. vapes going with fans, you get x hours in there and you can choose from a number of strains! lol

Theeennn, You and your friends would just sit down and chill, drink coffee, whatever and let the room fill up and just hang out in the 'vape-room' lol srry if i temp. jacked this thread, im a little baked :D

17. Try a gravity bong. I use mine every night and they conserve a lot. Make one yourself and try it and if you like it a lot or as much as my friends and i then a would highly recommend upgrading to the gravitron which is an all glass gravity bong. Very nice, gets you very high on little amounts of weed.

Hope this helps, and hope you try this :) BTW i usually just take one gravity bong hit and im set for a pretty good amount of time.

18. I posted earlier on the effects of glass and everyone thought I was selling something look If I had the money and could design a pipe it would be titanium. I was just proud of my new find. but after my post I found at least a few people with concerns like mine and got some info about stainless so hmmm I guess its back to researching what I thinks best for me. thanks for the info.

19. You can already get pipes in titanium: Titanium Tobacco Pipes

20. None that work well my raydiators claimed air cooled titanium. but still has aluminum exposed in the bottom of the bowl. My six four gets hot and gives a crappy hit.