What type of outdoorshed material is best for an indoor grow? Questions and ideas

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kushnix, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am new to this community but have been reading up on what i can.
    I was wondering if any of you have any experience with outdoor sheds to cultivate inside of.

Is any material best?

Are there certain features i should look for?

Have any sheds in mind?

the space i have i'm not 100% on. but i know that in the future, inside this shed i would like to have multiple tents inside and a small amount of work space.

Ideally i would like to fit-

a 4x4-5x5 ish tent for flowering

a 2x3ish tent veg

R.O. water filter

I will be using bubble buckets inside the tents

and eventually, possibly, a small cloning tray area / work shelf if not cloning area.

so with all these tents, fixtures, and also the carbon scrubber and multiple fans inside.my question to all of you is if you have any knowledge on the appropriate size to fit all that with proper air circulation and such, as well as what type of material i should look for in a shed.

I would prefer a prefrab one of some sort if anyone knows of one.

Any knowledge, any help, all is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    thank you

2. also going to be using at least 1 1000 digi ballast and grow hood.
    probably 2, although maybe LED for the small veg tent to keep power and heating problems minimal.

..added if this helps at all.

3. Don't waste your money on tents inside a shed...
    Save the money and add the saved money into insulting the shed's roof and outside walls which will make for a better growing environment during th heat of summer and cold of winter...

Then just put up walls separating the shed up into your chambers...
    Some 2x4s and thin plywood will be fine for the walls, as long as the light from the veg chamber cannot get into the flowering room...

4. i have thought about this, and may go along with it. but im not sure im going to be at this location forever, and if i move, i would be able to take the tents with me to put indoors somewhere. I dont have the space at the moment.
    Thanks for the advice though i may just do that now and save money and buy my tents after a few harvests when i have cash again because im down to my last few purchases and i could use this extra money you speak of from not getting the tents.

any ideas for sheds,
    by the way really appreciate the help.