What Type of Music do you Guys Listen To?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by iPowers, Jan 12, 2019.

?

What's your favorite type of music?

1. Metal

36.8%
  2. Rock

47.4%
  3. Pop

18.4%
  4. Rap

21.1%
  5. Electronic Music

10.5%
  6. Country

13.2%
  7. Jazz

13.2%
  8. Hip Hop/RNB

18.4%
  9. Other

21.1%
  10. I LIke Everything

36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I like Classic Rock or Reggae for the most part. I also like some Gregorian Chant or Didgereedo, and others I cannot think of right now.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mainly Ima R&B an Rap an Reggae Girl because of My Jamaican Heritage but ion Discriminate against Other Kinds of Music Either. I Just Love R&B The Best Tho Slow Dancing or Grinding On My Boo While Romantic Songs Play.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  3. Try Joe satriani Smooth Soul thats my style of real music actual played by real musicians.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. #24 Mark Bartra, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    I love listening to music. It relaxes me. I like to listen to quiet, melodic music. I like music on YouTube and Tik Tok. I get vidmate app free download https://vidmateapp.pro/ and I can listen to any music from YouTube and Tik Tok that I like. I travel a lot and this music inspires me. I don't know what I would do in the world without music.

5. Any music sounds better with a buzz. You know you're stoned when elevator music starts sounding good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Metal is my life. I also like deathcore so much!

7. I'm a music lover and I don't have a favorite genre. My playlist can include African folk songs, Polish rap, Miley Cyrus, Ramstein and Vivaldi. I don't understand how it can be that I like so many different compositions, but that's the reality. I try not to show anyone my musical tastes, especially its dark sides. So when I'm asked to turn on songs on my phone at parties, I say that my battery is running low, or that I have nothing, or that I've deleted everything. I come up with excuses so that only people don't look at me like I'm crazy.

8. I listen to lots of different stuff, but haven't paid any attention to music on the radio since about 2008. I like a lot a rock, both current and classic. I like some rap and some metal and other things, we can't really get into pop or R&B.

If I could start a band, I would want to do a hybrid of classic psychedelic, underground hip-hop and melodic death metal. I even have a name for the band – Psyklops. Unfortunately, I have no musical talent at all.

9. I like pretty much everything, as you could probably tell from my posts in the Now Playing thread,
    but my favorite genre is Shoegaze.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Conversion in which case will help me?

11. Cool rock is something else... I'm enjoying the old tracks immensely. I miss that style in modern music. I hope some musician, like me, who likes classic rock, will make music that everyone has forgotten. I'm sure he will get a lot of fans of my years, and maybe this style will be of interest to many people. I wish I could download those songs that used to be on coset or vinyl anywhere. I could only find them on YouTube, and they were concert videos. I can't play them on another device or play them back because of the old format. So I always convert such files. I usually do it with the converter WAV to MP3 Converter. And after the conversion, I can listen to the songs already.

12. Cool rock is something else... I'm enjoying the old tracks immensely. I miss that style in modern music. I hope some musician, like me, who likes classic rock, will make music that everyone has forgotten. I'm sure he will get a lot of fans of my years, and maybe this style will be of interest to many people. I wish I could download those songs that used to be on coset or vinyl anywhere. I could only find them on YouTube, and they were concert videos. I can't play them on another device or play them back because of the old format.

13. Middle Eastern music, Celtic, Gregorian chants, African music, "New age" fusions, rock, traditional folk, some classical, some old jazz, - I like a bit of just about everything musical, except rap and "tears in my beers" country music! My eldest son has a thing for angry German heavy metal, and I can even appreciate it at times.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. That's quite the variety.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. My Mom was the church organist/pianist and loved music. She was one of 6 kids and each one played at least one instrument. (However, my Dad once said she made even "Waltzing Matilda" sound like "church music". :laughing: !) She belonged to a record club for a while and ended up with a wide-ranging collection of records. She passed her eclectic taste in music on to me and my brother.

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Kitchens of Distinction is one of my most beloved artists. I also love Jangle pop and Twee pop

• Like Like x 1
  17. When it comes to smoking songs, I love these parody songs at 420Ballads.com

especially the Blackbird version

18. #38 Lawlerskates, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Grew up listening to classic heavy metal mostly Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Black Sabbath w/ some other popular metal from the time. Around 11-12 my music taste started to expand. I got into Iced Earth, a Power Metal band, which introduced me to a heavier sound. Shortly after that I started listening to classic death metal and black metal bands for the first time. Suffocation, Morbid Angel w/ some Cryptopsy and Burzum, Immortal. Around that time I also dabbled in some electronica/ambient Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk. Dead Can Dance. Also have always been a fan of video game and movie soundtracks. Ocarina of time, Morrowind, Good the Bad and the Ugly, The Warriors, Get Carter.

I saw my first concert, Judas Priest when I was 12. A friend and his dad took us, it was a good time. I remember being surprised by ticket costs, $60 per. At 14 I went to my first extreme metal concert, the bands were mostly BM and maybe a couple DM bands. Me and my brother went to that show mainly to see Ceremonial Castings. The venue itself was a gathering of metal dudes in a junky rundown small building in arguably the sketchiest neighborhood in Seattle. When we showed up to the place there was a guy waiting outside the place, who greeted us with enthusiasm "you ready to listen to some metal bros!" he charged literally $1 for entry! Lol. We entered the backside of that property that was fenced off and there were a bunch of short latino guys huddled around barrel fires w/ kegs and beer. The show started shortly after we got inside, the vocalist/bassist for the first band was the guy that we paid outside, but now in corpse-paint makeup. All the bands that played that night were very talented and was an amazing introduction to extreme live music.

Other metal bands I've seen live are Disgorge, Disentomb, Deicide, Suffocation (x2), Inquisition (x3), Ruins Of Beverast, Volahn, Uada, Immolation, Blood Incantation Defeated Sanity and Vitriol.

The Volahn/Uada show was the most amazing one for me. It was on a hot smoky summer night w/ an ethereal orange colored full moon. I'm not a huge fan of Uada, but their performance of Black Autumn, White Spring was absolutely staggering. Also Volahn's performance of Chamalcan was too good for words. A couple of the most passionate performances I've had the pleasure of witnessing. Magic was felt that night.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'm mostly a black metal guy, but I love shred, death, thrash, traditional, doom etc. too. I started off with Sepultura when I was around 11 then got into Slayer, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Severe Torture, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary and hordes of others. The more brutal the better. Then when I was 17 someone introduced me to black metal. It changed my life to where 20 years later it's still mostly what I listen to. Lately I've been on a Mutiilation kick. Not sure what it is, but that dude wrote some dark, depressing, chilling stuff. Also been into Samhain, Drowning the Light, Sargeist, Belphegor, Dissection, Sacramentum and Dawn as of late. Revisiting some of the classics. The old Norwegian Firebrands made a hell of an impression on me back in the day, too. Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Lja, Immortal, Emperor and the likes.

I've seen my fair share of live music and played quite a bit, too. Some of my favorites that I've played with, or opened for, are Vital Remains, Origin, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Obscura, Inquisition, Vader and Hate Eternal. If there was a big death metal show around chances are I was playing it. Most memorable was probably Obscura. I drank half a fifth of whiskey before going on stage, which was standard protocol back then. Man was I nervous. It was a Tuesday night in Portland and nobody was showing up. The only people in the audience were these top notch death metal legends. People I admire greatly and here they were focusing on what I'm doing with their arms folded. I felt like I played pretty well, but those guys are on another level. The bass player was just insanely accurate and he'd smile after a well executed run on his instrument. Hell, they were all smiling.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I love classical music:jump::jump::jump:

• Agree Agree x 2