Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What "type" of MJ is best for pain?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by M0A1, Jan 21, 2009.

1. So I have chronic pain. In my intro post, I realized the pun on my greeting of "Hi".

Now I see I have "CHRONIC" pain. Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm new to this. Using the Hot Box Vapors, what type of MJ is best for pain.

I just want pain relief, but realize with all drugs there will be a side effect.

What kind works best for pain?

2. I'm guessing you're a bit new to marijuana, the "type" of marijuana that is used to relieve pain are Indica dominant strains. And side effects should be very minimal, marijuana is one of the most non toxic naturally therapeutic plants known to man.

I hope you get some relief.

3. Indicas forsure are the best for pain my man! Sativas are more of an uplifting cerebral high, Indica's are more body high/numbing/medicating feeling. have fun welcome and be safe! :D

4. So if I'm at the Dispensary, do I specifically as for "Indica" or will there be several different types of it or what?

I don't know what to expect and look for and new to the terminology.

HELP ME! Like the fly said.

5. yea ask for some indica strains for pain relief, they wil help you out at the dispensary

6. Yes, Just ask for something to help with pain relief and they will definitely help you out there. You will grow accustomed to the terminology I'm sure. Basically there are two types of cannabis, Sativa and Indica.

7. What do these three types do or are for?

Cannabis:

Sativa:

Indica:

Can you please copy paste.

8. Cannabis: A plant

Sativa:1 of the 2 types of Cannabis, Head, Cerebral high (makes you more creative and happy)

Indica: The 2nd form of Cannabis, Used for pain, very stoned feeling, if you use a good indica you shouldn't be able to feel your body.

9. OK, thanks so much guys.

I'm going to MediCann in Long Beach to consult with them for the first time.

Wish me luck.

10. good luck, I'm sure you will find what you're looking for haha.