what type of film to cover up window?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by invid, May 16, 2010.

1. whats up guys..I just started a closet grow and I noticed the light is too strong out my window and its kinda sketch. what would be a good film to put over the window that would reduce light coming out but still not black the window out. something clear?

thanks

2. Clear shower curtain, cut to fit, done.

3. guess I shoulda mentioned its a 400w hps..need something possibly darker/stronger than a clear curtain.. even though thats a good idea

4. I would just go with a very heavy plastic shower curtain, you can get them in clarities ranging from nearly transparent, to about 30% translucent. They come in a wide variety of colors, tho I would recommend the uncolored type as blue or red light coming out of a window is more notable than the color of a standard HPS.

Just get one that is heavily frosted and has a fairly low transparency/translucency.

Alternately, you could put a fairly thick white (or other colored) curtain up in the window. I hear folks put those in their windows even if they are not trying to cover the light from a grow.

5. If you want to keep it clandestine, put some curtains in the window, and then use some Black/White Poly to cover the back side. Looks like a window from out front, but is covered and light proof in the back.

6. thats the ticket

7. I used blinds shut the blinds, put the white side of the poly facing out behine them. done. Looks like a normal window

8. Get a black out curtain.