Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What type of edible and dosage?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Faded Spinner, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have a non-smoking friend who has cancer, that has asked that I acquire some weed for her. She has never done it before and although I have smoked plenty and have eaten a few edibles, I have no experience preparing or dosaging out quantities for ingestion.

My connection is lagging and I want to give her some medication. I only have about a spare gram of chronic level weed on hand and wanted to know what would be the best application for this weed in terms of edibles?

I was thinking of just making a highly potent butter tincture?
    Or should I make something like 4 brownies and just levy out 1/4 gram in each?

She is in her 40s, has loss of appetite and pain.

Thanks!

2. Theres a thread in the edibles about a tincture, use that method. It involves soaking the bud in everclear and than cooking the alcohol out of the oil. This will give you the best extraction for your situation

3. I made some of the capsules in the bad kitty smiles tutorial for a family member suffering from brain/lung cancer and they have done wonders for her pain, appetite and sleep.

I used 1/4oz shake/trim to 1/4 cup coconut oil. That made approx 60 1ml capsules. She has been taking 6 or so per day. So a little less than a gram of unprocessed mmj per day.