Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What type of cannabis is this?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Canada Smokes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Is there any way to determine what strain my cannabis is via photo?

Can someone direct me to a thread or website that can do this? (If there is one..) but if not no big deal, but it seems like there would be some weed wizards out there to help me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No.
    there is no way to be completely sure of the genetics by a pic.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. #3 Infinite Experience, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    You can't really determine what strain your weed is based on a photo, I mean maybe you could tell if it's an indica or sativa, but that's about it. Anybody who says they can tell you what strain it is just by looking at it is bullshitting you.

4. I can tell just by looking.

LOl....ok i'm kidding but I can't help it because it's such a retarded question that is asked daily on GC.

I can only tell if it's indica, or sativa.

5. Have you tried the physic hotline?

6. Weed wizard would be just as accurate as a fortune teller, and probably just as pricey.

7. Thanks, it was curiosity.

So theoretically if I'm buying an apparent ounce of "OG kush" how do I know if it's OG kush?

Sorry if this was a typical stupid question, I haven't been posting regularly until last week. So excuse my ignorance.

8. No real way of knowing.  Could check out www.leafly.com and compare photos but that is certainly not a guarantee

9. #9 Infinite Experience, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    Yeah that and comparing the effects, taste, and aroma. And usually if you're buying from the guy who grew it, there's a good chance that it is the strain he says it is.

10. damnit I look forward to these posts. Post it anyways I'm an expert.

11. Q:What kind of weed is this?
    A: it's the kind that gets you high.

'nuff said.

12. Not always, a lot of dealers in illegal states just slap names on weed to get it sold quick.

13. I realize this was a dumb question now.

14. True. I don't really care about the strain names tbh, If it looks good, and smells good, I'll buy it.