Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What type of ashtray do you use?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ILLOGIK, Nov 9, 2011.

1. I was wondering what type of ashtray does everyone have?

About a year ago I found this cool smokers kit from the 50's in a box in my attic. It had this cool thick glass cobalt blue ashtray, a lighter/paper weight, and a cigar cutter.

I've been using the cobalt blue ashtray for about a year. It's pretty awesome, it weights about 5 pounds lol, and looks classy. But the problem I have is that since it's glass, it makes chipss/dents in some of the glass bowls I use if I cash out the bowl too hard. Not that big of an issue... but since I'm a heavy toker, I cash out a lot of empty bowls, with leads to more and more chips/dents in some of my glass bowls.

Also, with this ashtray, much like most ashtrays, if it's filled, and a gust of wind goes by, or a fan is on, ash sometimes flies out. I'm a pretty clean person, so my ashtray gets emptied out at least once a week, but still have problems with ash getting every where.

I'm going to be buying an ashtray like this, in the next few days. I'm not buying it from everyonedoes it, and I'm not buying one with skulls on it, it's just the first ashcatcher ashtray image that came up when I searched for it. lol

So just curious, what type of ashtray does eveyone use? Plastic, glass, ashcatcher, a popcan? :D

[​IMG]

2. I just use my toilet bowl.

3. That works... this thread is pretty pointless. Regretted posting it as soon as it went up lol

4. Glass top to a candle, then I went to the entire glass candle, after over a year maybe a few years the wax is pretty much gone.

5. I use a little ceramic jar thing that used to be a candle. I cleaned all the wax out when it was done and it makes a great asher

6. Marlboro sent me one for smokin' so damn much xD
    It's nice though, small in diameter in terms of the ash part, but the place that holds your cigarette sticks out like the handle of a frying pan. I dig it.

7. Nice. My glass smoking set was from philip morris from way back in the day.

8. I use one of those large bucket car ashtrays. Gotta have plenty of room so I don't have to empty it so often. In an apartment of 4 chain smokers and tokers.

9. hmm thats two people that mentioned using candles. I have a shitload of 1/2 burned down glass candles around. I should give them a try.

10. A big one from Dave and busters. You trade prize tickets and whatnot. Only cheap toys and ash trays so figured why not.

11. the ground lol

12. Did you collect miles?

Man I had so fuxking many and when I called and asked for new catalog, they weren't doing em anymore despite the fct the boxes still had miles on the side. I was so pissed! Had like a shoebox almost full.

13. [quote name='"KillaWillaBilla"']the ground lol[/quote]

Not to get all crazy recycler sounding but, be kind to the planet. It grows the weed you smoke!

14. I thought I was the only one using the candle thing, at first I wanted to buy a fancy one, then I realized that it's for ashes, it even has a nice handle.

15. I use this:

ForumRunner_20111108_223507.png

The needle in there is awesome for cashing bowls with ss screens, and I can dump it in the bottle so it doesn't spill when I knock it over. (which WILL happen pretty often, to me at least.) :smoke:

16. um yeah ash is like amazing to plants bro like after a forest fire the forest regrows there crazy bomb, i never said i throw a cig butt on the ground i just mean my weed ash man cause i quit cigs.

17. I got Guitar Hero boxers for Christmas last year that came in a guitar shaped tin.
    I use the lid as my ashtray, so I can rock out when I cash out :metal:

18. The outside part of my window sill.