Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to Use to Light a Bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Easer, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Short Version: ( for those with a life who don't want to read a page for a simple question)

Cannot get a lighter no matter what I'm snowed in with just bud and a bong, what can I use as a lighter/torch I only have access to my house and a stove sorry

Long Version: ( For those who are bored and want a life story, sorry I'm baked)

Okay, I don't consider myself an "apprentice" stoner but I am going to put this here anyway. I have been blazing for 3-4 years now and I have always loved bongs but because I lived with my parents I could never blaze in the house, and so I never kept a bong around even though I was fascinated by them and would use them as much as I could. About a year and a half ago I got a bong because my dad left my mom and my mom never cared about my love of the Buddha. Now a days I have 2 bongs 1 pipe a grinder and plenty of other paraphernalia, although I dislike calling them that.

And so I haven't had too many chances to get into a situation like this. So here's the problem, I am stuck in my house, I can walk outside but there is a blizzard out there, so all the stores in walking distance are closed, and I need a lighter none of my neighbors or myself have a BBQ lighter, but yeah, usually I would just smoke a blunt and use my stove or roll a jay and use my stove but I have no dutches or rolling papers on hand, all I have is "The Blunt" and "Good Ol' Betsy" my bongs my pipe is lent out so I need to use a bong, I have no candles , all I have is normal house hold stuff, just wish I had a candle I could light to toke with, but I don't so yeah whats something in the house that will stay on fire, but not kill me when I inhale the smoke, I also have no cigarettes. Once again sorry for the rambling please help.

2. Check your tool box, see if there's a soldering iron somewhere, maybe your dad left one., let it heat up really hot to burn off the dust, solder etc. on it and then use that.

Other options include a battery and some insulated wire. Tape one end to the "-" side of the battery, remove some insulation from the centre of the wire and bare an end, wrap your thumb in electrical tape rather thickly, because it will get hot, stick the uninsulated centre of the wire in the bowl and touch the end to the positive terminal, it'll get how real fast.

Think outside the box.

3. What kind of stove do you have? If you have an electric heating element you can hot knife some buds, or get a knife red hot and use that like a Hakko kind of thing to poke your bong into conflagration

4. makeshift a candle using vaseline as wax, dryer lint or cotton as a wick iguess...
    soak a cottonball in something flamable like alcohol and make it catch fire using a dead lighter or some shit, idk

5. You own some "hordourve" sticks or whatever their called? or a tooth pick will work. Light one of those babies up and it'll be easy to aim. I don't know how healthy it is or not but i mean it gets the job done

6. Where the fuck do you live if your snowed in????