Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what to use for roach?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mcasprin, Oct 15, 2011.

1. i dont think ihave anything to make a filter for my joint. what can be used to make a filter for it????

2. Like thin cardboard. Or like maybe a business card? Just rip a small section off. And make it happen.

3. The flap of your rolling paper pack works well.
    Or buy index cards.

4. anything that seems papery but is a bit hard to bend. Try to get the least ink possible because I've heard that ink is terrible to smoke (can anyone confirm?)

5. The non-lined side of an index card works fine. get a pack of 50 for $2.00=roaches for life.

6. [quote name='"4 Loko"']anything that seems papery but is a bit hard to bend. Try to get the least ink possible because I've heard that ink is terrible to smoke (can anyone confirm?)[/quote]

Ink is indeed very bad for you if you actually smoke it, but I think he should be fine because he's not really SMOKING it, he's just using it as a roach a the end of his joint :smoke:

7. Rolling paper flaps > everything else IMO

Or, get Phuncky Feel Tips, if you have the cash to spare and don't have to be cautious and swallow your joints all the time ;)

8. once i tried using a peice of a file sheet it worked ok but it haas to be long cuzz its not too thick... :smoke:

9. Been smoking for years but have never heard of using a roach in the tip ie rolled up cardboard. What is the purpose? Btw, before joining this forum I always thot a roach was what was left of my joint...highly resinated n good for throwin
    g in a bowl

10. i take brochures from my school's parking office, little fold up pieces of paper they're perfect and last a while and they're folded too so i use them to dump weed from my grinder before i pour it into a bottle to keep it.

11. Magazines work. They may only last you one joint but still works good!

12. I've never smoked with someone who doesn't use a cardboard roach. The advantage of using a roach is that you can smoke the entire joint, with none left over. It also draws a lot better.

13. TyLaw- thank u for the fast reply. Buy the question wasn't what do u use for ur cardboard roach, but why is one used? I've been smoking for years never used them, never had a prob...but it seems to be very popular so I was wondering why

14. ah gotcha, when i first learned to roll, the one fundamental thing that my friend taught me is that you should use a nice, long roach because that's the base that you roll the paper around. makes it easier to roll, shape, set the thickness of the joint, hold and smoke til the very end of the j. i dont even know how i'd roll without one, i'd make a mess lol

15. #15 Secret Life, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    Ok, I think I get it. Cardboard roach = no stinky weed roach to save n possibly draw attention from the smell, and if u have really dank stuff ur joint won't clog up on u (tho I've never had a prob smoking w/o using one) been told o roll great joints...but then again, if it smokes-it's a good joint lol! I'll have to try it this weekend:smoking: thanks!

16. good luck, also a tip, once you finish rolling, burn the little extra bit of paper that is hanging off the end of the roach to make the edge nice and clean, and you have a perfect roach kinda like a cigarette except obviously it doesn't filter anything.

17. Just buy a goddamn filter booklet, they only cost $1

18. Roaches definitely allow for a better roll in my opinion, easier to smoke the joint, and you can smoke it all the way down.

Index Cards, and you can also buy packs of papers like Elements that have them in there already, and go to your local head shop, and you can buy a pack of 50 "Raw Crutches" or Roaches, and it's a little booklet. It's great!

19. learn to roll a cone mouthpiece so you dont need one

20. fuck filters, the roach weed is potent and good for bowls