Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to use as roaches?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by vincentlink, Apr 2, 2012.

1. #1 vincentlink, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Do you need FILTERS (sorry for title) for a joint/blunt? If so whats a good one you can find in an everyday home? I roll joint out of homeade paper I know isn't toxic in anyway so what do you people use?

Ps: If you can't tell I never smoke blunts/joints, usually just bongs :bongin:.

2. You mean filter? Roaches are the last tiny end of the joint/blunts.

I honestly dont know if youre talking about a roach, filter, or rolling papers. You got me confused and im not even high lol

3. I would just use some thick construction paper as a filter, but you don't necessarily need a filter unless you don't want buds shooting into your mouth.

4. [quote name='"paperplanes11"']You mean filter? Roaches are the last tiny end of the joint/blunts.

I honestly dont know if youre talking about a roach, filter, or rolling papers. You got me confused and im not even high lol[/quote]

I dont know where OPs from, but here in the UK the small piece of card at the end of the joint is a roach. Filters are what is put in a cig to stop some of the shit. As far as I know hand rolling cigs isn't as popular in the states as it is here, so I think that's where the difference comes in.

Back on topic over here papers have a small piece of card at the back of the pack (needs to be opened out to get at it) that's nicknamed a green card (not always green though) and they make the perfect roach, not sure if you guys have them though, but even if you don't, just tear a little off the paper pack, works quite well as well.

5. People around here call them crutches or filters. Just use plain index cards/note cards

6. I just tear/cut a little bit off a business card and roll it up and fit it in there proper:cool:

7. i tear the inside flap of my cig pack out for a crutch in blunts. rolling joints i dont usually use a crutch unless the weed is really dry and had some powder in it (bottom of the bag shit)

8. Business card

9. I use my honors certificate from middle school.

10. I don't use filters for either joints and blunts. For blunts there should be no reason why you need to use a filter, idk why but they just work perfect. For joints..I just roll a cone and get the weed pretty close to the tip and pack it right, you won't need a filter. Filter just take extra time, and you can roll a perfect joint without them.

11. Some people (like me) are paranoid some weed flakes are going to shoot into your mouth when taking a hit, and filters really help with that. :D

12. I have never used a filter with a joint/blunt. If its rolled well enough you dont need it.

but use business cards as roach clips.

13. I use the soul and happiness from children, also filters

Just order a pack from GC