Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to use as a screen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OntheDopethrone, Apr 14, 2013.

1. #1 OntheDopethrone, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    So im going to be broke for the next few days and of course I lost my pipe screen last night, all I have left in my stash is a little bit of shake and some resin :( so I need a screen otherwise it will all just go into the hole in the pipe, any advice?

Edit: when you say to use a pebble do you mean like this? (see pic)

image-2370948842.jpg

2. Find a small pebble that fits in the hole.

3. Place the weed carefully to one side of the hole
    Hold the pipe to your mouth and rotate it about 80 degrees longitudinally while you light it
    That way the hole in the ground becomes more like a hole in the wall
    You just have to be sure to inhale the smoke

4. #4 OntheDopethrone, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    Screens are pretty cheap on amazon so I just need something to work once

5. Use stems to block the hole or a pebble

6. goto a hardware store and buy a faucet screen literally 10 cents if you are that broke dont smoke

7. Thanks, A+

8. I usually just go outside and find a small little pebble

9. take off the metal screening on a earbud, works perfect

10. This is what I did during my homemade pipe phase, I ran out of earbuds long ago

11. I'm suprised that nobody suggested this:

OP Unscrew the part of any faucet in your house where the water comes from, there should be a screen there ;)

12. this or goto the hardware store and buy one seriously they dont cost more then 10 cents

13. I had full intentions on coming in screaming nug plug lol, but after actually reading the OP, nug plug is not an option. Find a screen from your faucet as jizzledfreq suggested!

14. They really are that cheap? How easy would it be to make it into the shape of a bowl?

15. I've used the outside of an apple ipod headphone, the ones they send you with the ipod/iphone. It works really great actually its like a metal screen but really cool. Some kid just gave it to me in class one day and told me I should use it as a screen and I tried it's awesome.

16. Yeah that's what I used to do all the time until I ran out of earbuds

17. Ok so I just used a pebble as a screen and it worked; I was getting hits and not getting ash in my mouth. I only had enough weed for like 3 hits tho :( but the pebble is like a resin sponge and I got a hit just from lighting the pebble lol.

Anyway /thread

18. I'm glad I'm not in your situation. I have several screens and plenty of bud, as well as lighters.

19. glass screens r like $2 at cig shops