What to use as a drip pan?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by housefullOweed, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Okay so i am having a bit of trouble finding drip pans big enough to accommodate my 5 gallon planters, i need something at least 14 1/2 x 14 1/2 inch's, i have been trying to figure out something that will work for a decent price for quite some time and have come up with nothing, not only have i not found any thing that will work for a decent price but i haven't been able to find anything big enough period. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

2. Make a frame of wood, I would use 1 x 3, get construction grade trash bags, line the frame with the plastic bags (I would leave them doubled up) staple to the top of frame and trim.

3. That's a good idea and probably pretty cheap to, thanks.

4. I use boot trays for multiple plants. Only disadvantage I have found is with checking the runoff pH. Obviously, they all run together. You can just catch runoff as best you can before they combine, or water plants individually and check before moving to next plant. (<---Just had this revelation... duh :eek:)

I just carry a pie plate with me and use it as a single drip pan as I water each one. I only have 2 gal pots tho. Obviously it would be a bit tougher or at least more work with 5 gal buckets.

5. Well I'm gonna need to get trays that are at maximum 20x20 inch's because i have individual scrog crates, they are set up 1 plant per crate so the plants run off running together wont be a problem. But I'm not sure i will be able to find boot trays that small, I'm looking but I'm not finding any thing so far.

6. I got those foil pans from the grocery store and sat my buckets on two bricks above the pan. Theres plenty of room for them to drain into the pans. It might not look sturdy sitting on bricks but might never fell.

7. I thought about using some of those disposable roasting pans but i wasn't able to find any big enough.

8. I also found this. If that 34 dimension isn't too big.

9. Unfortunately both of those are to long 20x20 inch's would be the maximum size and cutting it very close.

10. My way will cost about $2 a tray.

11. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, plus i still don't have an alternative.

12. This is how I got mine set up. 5 gal pots with scrog.

Attached Files: