Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to tell parents you spend money on

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blunts15, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I see what you both did there...............

And Iit's good :devious:

2. #62 4_2_0, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010

So living a lie is better?

What kind of world do you live in where a lie is better than the truth? Notice I said better, not easier.

This is one of my problems with the world today. It seems as though there are alot of people willing to live a lie, albiet a small one, instead of living the truth. You are who you are. Why hide it?

It seems that you have alot going in the right direction (school, job, etc.) so why not be truthful about who you are? Yes, initially there might be some serious fallout, but in the end, the truth will be better.

When irate parents see you as an upright citizen that they can be proud of who also smokes pot, their perception of pot-smokers will eventually have to change. This change is what our community needs if legalization is going to become more widespread.

On the other hand, if you're content to live a life of secrecy,then by all means, do it. Just be careful. One lie usually leads to another, to another, to another, etc. Kind of like the lie you're searching for now.

If you're going to do this, though, I would tell them:
    food
    a date
    gas
    movie
    X-box 360 Live
    Video game
    concert/sporting event ticket
    Charity, like a school fundraiser
    clothes
    lent it to a friend

3. Oh, I do. I don't ask her what she spends her money on, do I?
    Respect is mutual.

4. Ye, no joke. When my parents found out, I told em i'd keep my grades up and stuff, otherwise they could take away my weed if they want. Never lost my weed once, and now my parents talk to me about weed all the time:D

5. My parents know and don't mind that I smoke the herb, I even smoke with my stepdad :D so I don't have this problem :)

6. sucks for you, i toke with my mom on the daily :)

7. Great..... How is that going to help OP?

8. How do you guys have your parents seeing your bank balances? I have my own account, which I have had access to since I was 10 and my parents do not "monitor" my account mainly because 1) it's only tied to my bank card/CC which I pay for and pay for 2) They don't have my PINs 3) I use online banking and they don't 4) They don't care as long as I pay my bills.

9. alright what i do is this:

collect money and dont spend it, save it for weed later
    tell your parents that your going out for lunch
    but actually just add that 10 bucks or whatever to your (parents dont know you have stash)

then over time you have a bunch of money that they dont know you have and you can spend on weed.

10. Just say you and your friends went to the movies and had dinner or somethin, but bro. You're 18. Time to be a man and tell your parents it ain't there business no more.

11. Sports betting

12. I tell my parents i went out for a movie with some friends and spotted them 20 dollars because they left there wallet at home. You can't use this everytime but once and a while you can.

13. Bullshit. You have to earn respect. Your mother did that by raising you. She owes you no such thing in return unless you earn it.

14. I was just sharing my experience on the subject and there have been loads of good help/suggestions already.

15. One day when you grow up...:D
    You will realize honesty is the best way...yes it may cause some issues...
    Sometimes the right way isnt the easiest...
    But in the long run honesty is the best answer:D

16. I would even go so far as to say that often the right way isn't the easiest for most decisions in life.

17. I love how all the underage posters say "yeah I'm 18 but (generic excuse)" :cool:

18. Yeah, anyone 18 or older can have their own bank account without someone else on said account.

19. A mate of mine did tell his parents that he smoked weed, flat out with no bullshit. His mum just asked him if he smoked weed and he said 'I'm going to be honest with you, I do.'

I really respected that honesty but it just started a shitstorm within his family. His parents told him that if he continued smoking he wasn't going to be allowed to see his 1 year old sister any more because he would be a corrupting influence on her, and his dad said some fucked up shit about divorcing his mum and taking the kid because he didn't want his daughter living with a junkie.

I know where you're coming from man, and honesty is generally the best policy in my opinion, but sometimes it just fucks everything up.

20. Well of course the first step is anger...

lets see how it plays out...The three steps...anger, denial, acceptance..

I bet with a lil time passed they will change thier tune..