what to say, what to say

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by brundledylan, Jan 9, 2009.

1. im so bored and lonely, its driving me totally nutsack. my boyfriend and i have been together for 6 years, im only 23 years old... he doesnt seem to be able to talk to me anymore. i just want someone to talk to!! fuck!!

2. Fuck talking.

3. you and him should get together

4. hes slipping bad.

5. im sorry but thats pretty hillarious.

anyway, about the topic at hand.

maybe hes having some underlying issues hes struggling with which is causing his quietness? have you talked to him about it? i mean, i understand that communication is the issue, but theres no other way to get it across but well, communicating. if hes no receptive when you try to talk about it, maybe try writing a letter to get your feelings across, and make it clear that its very important to you that he tries, and ofcourse be sure to add that if theres anything that you can do to help the process along that youll be more than willing.

six years is a long time, so you both deserve to give it your best shot. take your time, and best of luck!

6. I agree.
    Usually cause there is something on his mind.

7. Six years is a long time to be together and be twenty-three. The problem may be you've grown up and away from each other. You were seventeen when both of you hooked-up, I don't know of many seventeen year olds that have a clear idea about life especially relationships. Inevitably as time goes by, when you're a seventeen year old, you grow up and your view of the world around you and life change remarkably. So what you see as a potential communication problem may in fact be your desire to find someone that you can, in your words, "talk to!!"

IMHO life's too short to be with someone that doesn't do it for you, whatever that "it" may be. Maybe the problem does boil down to communication, but that too is no small barrier to get around, because it's difficult to get someone that's challenged in that way to listen. Sometimes it's far easier to find someone that will hear you than it is to convince someone that's standing right in front of you to listen. Ironic, isn't it? Life just isn't fair that way but the fact still remains that life's short, seek happiness with all diligence.

Till then...

Stay green.

8. Relationships dont work unless you can be completely open with one another...
    You both should talk about what the underlying problem is so it doesnt escalate any further.

9. i HATE to recommend this to any woman... but as one, you should, know this answer..... hold out on him

at least try to get a legit convo in before getting right to it.... AK said it about as best it could be said...

10. just read the first sentance so dont know the rest of what you said and im not trying to hate but dont listen to the first sentence this guy said.. you obviously still love him if your with him hes just not the way he used to be.. maybe he thinks ur cheating or something, talk to him

11. i took the collective advice, and i sat down and wrote him a nice letter. letters are nice because you can say what you want clearly, with no emotions involved and get a more effective response............... he admitted he just really hasnt been with it lately, and he never meant to be "cross" with me as he put it. hes been feeling down because of his dad (who is an ASSHOLE, but mostly because he has aids and is on some shiteous medication) and tonight, hes coming over and im rolling us a NICE FATTY joint and planning on watching george carlin stand-up..... hopefully all goes well. thanks grasscity friends, and cheers to all of you

12. good luck brundles of fun. i think the letter was a smooth move, im glad you made it. thats the hardest part, and youre past that. hope everything goes well.

13. thank you! me too.... after 6 years, you really learn a lot about yourself. and relationships are hard fucking work. so it has to be worth it... especially when you are so young, you have to constantly communicate with each other.

anyhow, much appreciated.

14. Tell him: No talk = no blowjobs

He'll talk, Is guaranteed