What to play on your acoustic while you enjoy Lady J.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Arborist1212, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Every time i smoke, i inevitably grab my acoustic guitar and start playing. only problem is, i'm an electric guitar player, so i only know a few good songs & tunes to play, but its getting old. I need new music to play.

I need good songs to play solo, because i'm always the only musician in my circle.

i'm currently focused on moderately easy finger style songs (tears in heaven, blackbird, stairway ect) But i'm open to anything stimulating and interesting to play after or while i blaze.

2. try some radio head. ALL of the acustic is AMAZING>

3. Uhhmm...bump. Thought this was a music section?

4. Everytime i smoke i wanna jam. I'm more into playing electric though. Put a little fuzz on with some wah and I have a good time. If i play acoustic its all blues or classical. Mostly blues though.

5. Playing with my wah pedal while using a slide is probably my favorite thing to do, i just wish i knew more blues.

6. i do love to play whilst blazed .. but i play bass or didgerydoo.....Or if i feel adventuress keyboard

7. I wish I had an electric :-(

But, usually on my acoustic I'm either messing around on a blues scale or just trying to find some nice combonations for chords to play...

Lately I've been trying to learn a lot of the Decemberists and Bright Eyes. Most of the guitar in their songs is pretty straight forward and its good practice for learning to sing and play at the same time.

*Edit. Slightly Stoopid also has some pretty sick guitar.

8. I'm in the process of learning some Sublime songs and they're really fun to play

and if you bust a few songs at a party, girls will love it. and everyone else too..
    as soon as you kick it off people kinda swarm :smoking:

9. i wouldnt want to hear you play, id wanna play myself :D
    or jam, thats always good times
    i suck at electric though, but i play classical more or less well

10. I like to listen to sumblime alot while i smoke up. Which ones are you learning? smoke two joints has some great guitar and you know whenever you hear that first guitar part you wanna either spark up, or throw down a tasty jam. or both.

11. Can you play slide like this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24pPZAIq_0&NR=1"]YouTube - In My Time Of Dying[/ame] : ) That is my favorite slide guitar song at the moment.

12. There are 8 strings on that beast...and i wish i could play like that. when he started singing i lol'ed though cause he sounds terrible.

13. It's blues man. That's how blues is.

14. He tries too hard to imitate the low, soulful feel originally introduced by black blues players. As a result, it makes it sound grating and awful. If this was just an audioclip, I would envision some sort of saturday-night-live-like parody of the blues.

15. well since your talking about blues and slides
    you should all know this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A&feature=related"]YouTube - Robert Johnson- Crossroad[/ame]

16. Robert Johnson is the shit. He is what made me get into all the Delta Blues.

17. That was nice. a little old, but still pretty enjoyable

18. #18 CannabisInCanada, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    Karma Police, Exit Music, Lucky, and The Bends are some of my favorite Radiohead songs to play. I had I think 9 people singing Karma Police with me yesterday, it was really nice.

Oasis' Live Forever is a fantastic song to play.

Floyd's Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, and Breathe.

:smoking:

Also... some inspiring sliding:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FXjQafzkKE"]YouTube - Xavier Rudd - "Secrets"[/ame]

19. I want this music, in my head, all day.