What To Look For In A Spoon

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by 556NATO, Sep 23, 2013.

1. What qualities do you look for in a spoon, when purchasing, that tells you of the quality and how well it will hit? Please be as explicit as possible.

2. well i look for a spoon thats not too big but not too small either it also has to fit in my pocket. i like to know im smoking out of a piece that looks good to me too so i make sure that it has a pattern i really like and i usually only go with my favorite colors unless there is one that really stands out, also shape has a factor, not all pipes come in the same shape some or really long and are known as (sherlocks) to people who smoke out of glass like me and then there are (spoons) which are pretty common, there are alot more like bubblers and chillums but thats all i got time for

p.s i can post my pipe if it helps

3. Sure, go ahead. Due you take into consideration the volume of the air chamber, the size on the breathing hole, or the size of the hole in the bowl?

4. all of that matters the most to me, id rather have a less appealing piece if its more usable

5. Anyone else have a preferance on their pipes construction?

6. I just like to find one that's pretty, then hold it in my hand and make sure it'll be comfortable to use (not having to reach/stretch for the carb hole) small enough to be stealthy and I also try to make sure there are no flaws (chips, cracks), and the glass is pretty thick cause I have bad luck with dropping pipes.

7. Personally the pipe must be able to fit in my pocket, the intake hole from the bowl itself can't be to big or to little, the carb is the same way, and remember, at one point or another you'll probably end up scraping the pipe for resin so make sure it can be easily cleaned. Aside from all that just choose something that catches your eye!

8. It's gotta be easy to fit in my pocket, carb/intake hole can't be too big or too small, and I pay a lot of attention to the colors and designs on it. If I don't like the way it looks I won't buy it.

I also take into account how easy it looks to clean it

9. Thick glass, big bowl, not too dick-ish looking.

You might get distracted by the colors or outer design but make sure it's not a wang!

I got distracted by the colors... :(

10. Those are the best, they double as dildos.

11. there is always at least one person who looks at a pipe and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "It looks like a dick."

if you think of dicks when you see a pipe, maybe you should be stuffing your mouth with one instead of smoking weed.

tl;dr

guy made of me and my pipe because my pipe looked like a dick. he should have stuck it up his ass  :ey:

12. #12 Deleted member 42976, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    i go for interesting artistic/heady pieces. something out of the ordinary.

13. While a prefer sherlocks myself with a nice bend at the waist as far as spoons are concerned hold it in your hand before you buy it. See if you like the weight ( heavier the better in my personal opinion) check carb placement and if its well laid out. Then just fill and enjoy!