Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to look for in a bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by seamammal, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Hi, relatively new to having a choice in the bud I buy, I would like opinions on what constitutes a good bud? how do you tell if it has been properly cured, what are the indicators of potency, can you tell by looking at the bud if it is indica or sativa?

Thanks to all

2. #2 Adam Bomb, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    It's pretty easy to tell the difference, tbh.

For example...

Bad Bud:

[​IMG]

Good bud:

[​IMG]

Notice how the dank bud is much fluffier, has more crystals (trichomes), and is much greener and healthy looking then the mids.

Lower grade is usually a tint of brown and packed/flat from being mass produced/packaged. The smell of good bud is also much stronger and sweeter.

Also, look out for seeds. That is usually an indication of lower-grade weed.

3. That's pretty easy because the first is what I smoked before I got my Dr.s recommendation. I am trying to figure out what I should look for when I am looking a samples of 15 different strains. Like how do I know if the bud was cured correctly. I know now to look for tricomes, anything else?

Thanks

4. if you're going to a dispensaries they will definitely be able to point you in the right direction, they may even let you try a bowl.

5. ^This.

They will also already have the bud cured and ready to smoke for you.

Un-Cured bud is wet, smells "chemically", and is a darker green because of the inner moisture.

I wouldn't worry about that at a dispensary, though.