What to get?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by lizardking, Oct 21, 2009.

1. #1 lizardking, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
    Picking up a bong after being without for a year and a half. Grabbing a space case as well since i sold mine when i sold my mini lux. Have to buy something better than the mini lux since i sold it for less than i bought it otherwise ill be kicking myself for ever getting rid of it. Anyone got any personal preferences? Also what should they run me, been kinda out of the loop for a while, so I have an idea of what to barter towards. Budget is $440 including a good 4 piece magnetic grinder.

edit: does illadelph still have quality control issues with varying glass thicknesses and weak bases?

2. a lux is the only one out of the choices that ive hit... but it sure did the job...

3. Since you just had a lux you should get something else this time, I've heard many people complain about thin bases on illadelphs, I'd go with a Toro out of those 3 choices, I like the stemless toro's they're my favorite.

4. well seems like poll is leanin towards a toro, i am curious however about this SG Sovereignty guy and his work as i've seen a lot of mention of him while perusing the high-end glass thread. how does his work compare to toro's?

5. SG Sovereignty are just as good as the 3 brands you listed, I have never tried one but have heard about them and all seem to say they are very high quality and worth the price tag.

6. SG is better imo than Illadelph, and probably better than LUX although I cant bring myself to say it cuz I love my lux mini and dont want to badmouth him!

Also, you're not gonna be able to get a stemless toro and a spacecase with that budget i dont think. Either toro or sg will definitely satisfy you, if it comes down to lux or illadelph i say lux all the way.