What to expect from planting late in the season ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sleepingyoyo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,

First off this post could just as easily have appeared in the Absolute Beginners forum, however, I opted for right here in outdoor, because it is rather outdoor specific.

So I'll get you up to speed;

Outdoor grow.

Nirvana Early Girl.

Planted Mid-June, seeds straight into pots, B&Q brand organic potting soil.

Climate, distinctly Scottish, 'warm' days and nights (Max 26C, Min 14C) until roughly the end of August when temperatures will begin to drop.

Current state: Shoots have started to sprout, sitting at something like an inch, inch and a half, in height and starting to see signs of the first fan leaves forming.

Really I was wondering if I'm going to have time to pull off the whole grow, Essentially late September is as long as I can leave them outside before there's risk of the first frost falling. So we'll be hitting the 8 weeks about Mid-August, hoping by that time that plants are showing signs of sex and will shortly after start flowering allowing a maximum of 6 weeks flowering.

So all in I'm really not sure what to expect come the end of my grow, wither it be smokable or underdeveloped and crystal-less, I'd be more than happy to hear what you guys think my chances are of having an end product.

Thanks for reading,
    Sleepingyoyo

2. You can do it but the yeild will be a lot less than if you had started in April.

3. #3 Sleepingyoyo, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
    I really see this season as more of a proof of concept than anything else, so any yield is a bonus, to be honest I didn't expect them to survive germination :p

Thanks,
    Sleepingyoyo

Also noted that about three threads regarding planting late in the season have just cropped up as I posted this one, I've got my reading cut out.

4. Yes, you´re right - the same question gets asked at least 3 times a day.