Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what to expect from dabs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stonerwiz420, Mar 30, 2014.

1. what up GC, i decided to post this in apprentice tokers instead of seasoned tokers even though i've been smoking bud for a long time (though not every day) because i wanted to know what to expect from dabbing. I have never done it before and i want to know what i should expect for my first time, i don't know when i'll have the opportunity to do it but when i do get a chance, i want it to be one of the best experiences ever. here are a couple questions i have;

1. how would you equivilate the high with smoking regular bud?

2. how long does it last?

3. is it a really trippy high?

4. are dabs only done with wax or can they be done with shatter, crumble, and even hash?

5. how can i avoid greening out from dabbing?

6. is it an all around better high than regular smoking?

well that's all for now, hope you can give me some insight on dabbing and what to expect, and share your experiences. keep smokin that herb!!!

2. #3 TheMightyKush, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  3. I don't feel like answering each question but basically it's just an intense high. Even if you've been smoking 3x a day for a year, a dab will still get you pretty ripped. If you're an experienced smoker as you say then it should just be like you smoked a joint or two to the face, depending on the dab size.

4. I can't make promises, but if you've been been smoking bud for a long time, you'll just get really really high, and I think you'll be able to handle it man

5. #6 TheMightyKush, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  6. haha that is hilarious, thanks for that

7. haha that's funny, looks like i'll try it sometime lol

8. 1. Anything you dab will be more potent than bud, most non-dispensary bud you get will be no higher than 24% THC. Most concentrates will be no lower than 35-40% THC and can get as high as 95-98% THC but that is fairly uncommon.

2. It depends how your body metabolizes THC, the high usually lasts a bit longer than bud but not by much.

3. The high is much stronger than the high you get from bud.

4. You can dab with all of the concentrates you listed in your question, although hash should be smoked not dabbed.

5. Make sure you take it one dab at a time and don't take a large hit, I have seen experienced smokers green out off of one dab. Also, make sure you have food and liquid available after you smoke as this can help with metabolizing THC and can make you feel better.

6. It most definitely is, as long as you stay at a comfortable high you can expect an awesome experience.

I have been uncomfortably high off of concentrates when I had gotten ahead of myself when taking dabs and I have actually hung my head over a toilet a time or two thinking that I was going to green out, but it didn't happen.  :laughing: 

9. haha cool, well i mean i don't smoke every day and i usually don't smoke huge bowls from a bong, usually just a few hits from a carburetor pipe and i'm good, but if i do try it some day i'll let you know 

10. wow very informative, you rock!!!! thanks for the info

11. It's a very intense fast on setting high 'nuff said. Just try it man. Everyone is different so no one can tell you exactly how dabs will affect you.

12. You will have an incredible time when you do

13. what can you expect? a much higher tolerance over time.

14. if you do it out of a dab rig then its always a trip unless you have monsterrrr tolerance 

15. good flower is better because it has all of the healthy stuff in it and you also lose a lot of chemicals that keep your high balanced when you soak the shit in butane so you have a greater chance of getting too high and having a little head trip. and if its not purged right it just doesnt feeeel right at all going in. oil isnt some entirely different thing but its an extraction from the weeeeeed

16. Best high I've ever had. Two dab rips and I'm in the best mood possible. Currently doing so as we speak. Awhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Before I answer this, please don't call it dabs it aggravates me, that's like me saying "what to expect with hits" (referring to a hit of weed)

18. #20 aToker, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    1. It is more intense and a different more fun high.
    2.It can last anywhere from an hour - 5 hours.. depends what you take.
    3. Yes it is a very trippy high, i love it so much.
    4.You can dab any form of concentrated cannabis. Whether it be oil, shatter, or all of the above.
    5.Don't think about greening out because unless you've only smoked ~20 times or less than it probably won't happen.
    6. Yes it is it's more of a fuck-with-your-head type of high.
    I've dabbed many times and every time I've done it it's just as good. Remember black wax isn't gonna be good... black hash probably will. Remember this: Black/brown hash, Blonde/yellow/clear wax that means it'll be bomb.