What to expect from court

Discussion in 'General' started by thedeck9, May 30, 2012.

1. I have to go to court for possession, what do I have to do?

2. 10 years hard labor.

...but really, you gave us no information.

What state are you in?
    How old are you?
    How much did you get caught with?
    Any priors?

These are all variables that play a part.

3. Wait for the judge to call your name then walk up to the podium and he will tell you what you gotta do for the ticket. Good luck..

4. Illinois
    The cop said I would most likely get community service and probation. I know my sentence, but what will happen, as I'm not trying to tell them how much I smoked (Call me paranoid)

And no priors.

5. [quote name='"RDeck"']Illinois
    The cop said I would most likely get community service and probation. I know my sentence, but what will happen, as I'm not trying to tell them how much I smoked (Call me paranoid)

And no priors.[/quote]

Yeah first offense you'll be looking at no jail time. 20-40 hours community service, $250-600 in fines and 6-12 months probation seems to be quite standard.

What will happen is you'll go into court, listen to the judge babble, you'll either plead guilty or not guilty.

If you plead not guilty it'll be dragged out for a couple months and they'll offer you a plea deal (in Michigan they always knock it down to a Useage charge in a plea).

Then you'll get your sentence. Make sure you're clean for your first meeting with your P.O. as it looks good when you pass your first UA.

6. How much did you have on you?

7. [quote name='"Danonymous"']How much did you have on you?[/quote]

One strawpenny

8. ^ A whole strawpenny?