what to expect at court?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenghoul, Mar 25, 2012.

1. hey blades, so a month and a half ago my ra and i were caught smoking in his car on campus grounds and were each issued a ticket for "use of marijuana" (i'm in michigan, so it's michigan state law).

Anyway, my pretrial is on tuesday and I have no idea what to expect. My lawyer said that I'll have a drug test but that's pretty much all he told me. Can anyone with this kinda experience tell me what will happen? And is it costly? My parents said that I'll need to put 1000 dollars in my checking to pay the court case.

Also, if I haven't smoked since february 8th, I'll be clean, right?

Thanks for any help!

2. If you just got a ticket ain't much gonna happen..maybe diversion at the most

3. what about court costs and such? what should i expect as far as those go?

4. the judge will give you your charges and ask if you plead guilty/innocent and give you a certain amount of time to pay the fine (gave me a month). thats how it went for me atleast. if you just got a ticket its not a big deal.

5. $200-300 fine and that's it. No biggie

6. thanks for the responses, I feel much better. I guess my parents are making a bigger deal out of all this than they should be....

The only thing that worries me is if I'll get 7411 if I try to plead not guilty