Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What To Do With Trimmings

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by EastCoastToke, Oct 25, 2011.

1. My boy just dropped off like 3-4 ounces of trimmings all chopped up. Basically looks like a ton of shake, was considering throwing it in my shake box and just trying to get some kief off of it.. but was wondering if it was worth it.. there's really nothing to lose.

If it is a waste, what other things can I do with trimmings?! Tips and pointers, looking to expierment!:smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. Make BHO or some other variation of hash. Or cannabutter/edibles.

3. BHO is butaine hash right? I heard about that, was considering it.. I'm saving all my kief from the buds I've smoked and I'm going to do cannabutter/oil/edibles with it. Which is why I asked if I'd get a lot of keif from them.

4. Yeah, BHO is butane honey oil or butane hash oil, I've heard it referred to as both. I doubt you'll get very much keif from the trimmings, maybe a gram or two at best.

Untouched trimmings have very little value by themselves, you're going to have to make hash or edibles to be able to get high from them. If you're going to make edibles from the keif, try some hash with the trimmings. I saw someone (possibly bad kitty?) posted a recipe for canna-lemonade, which looked pretty good. Maybe try that? When I have a large amount of shake or trimmings though, I tend to go the BHO route, simply because I love smoking oils.

5. That sounds like a recipe I'd like to get my hands on. I'm saving a big amount of kief though before I start cooking, but maybe I'll throw it in my shake box and shake it for a few then make the BHO with them.. not sure, but I'm deff gonna look for that recipe, it sounds good!

6. If you don't mind spending the money for the butane (it's pretty cheap, but people still sometimes complain) definitely go the BHO route. If you're daring, you can whip it into some budder, which won't disappoint.

But yeah, mind as well run it through the keif box before you make the oil, just for good measure.

7. BHO or die.

8. get a 220 micron bag...some dry ice. put it in the bag witht the dry ice mix it aorund till u know the trimmings are super frozen and then shake it outta the micron bag. youll get like 5 grams of straight keif

9. I've been meaning to ask about this, where do you get the dry ice?

10. I don't know about for you, but my local Ralph's supermarket sells it. Check out a chain supermarket.

11. Well for one you use regular ice not dry ice and 2, you would have to have a larger screen before the 220 to catch all the plant matter or you would still have it all sitting on the 220 with the hash...I would just run it over my screen and make a bunch of kief

12. I fucked up, got drunk last night and threw it in my shake box.. shook it all and it came out great.. but then when looking at it under the light it wasn't pure kief, it had more of a greenish tint.

I'm going to make BHO with it though, for sure. Going to wait till I get some more though! I'll post pictures when I under go this expierment.

13. [quote name='"EastCoastToke"']I fucked up, got drunk last night and threw it in my shake box.. shook it all and it came out great.. but then when looking at it under the light it wasn't pure kief, it had more of a greenish tint.

I'm going to make BHO with it though, for sure. Going to wait till I get some more though! I'll post pictures when I under go this expierment.[/quote]

Good choice. Have any questions about the process? Id be happy to help...

14. Hell yeah man, please show me how to do a easy process of shit I can find laying around the house. Low budget till I start stacking for a few weeks. If you can PM it to me, or post it here, rep will for sure be given!