What to do with the toilet seat?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by GGrass, Mar 5, 2010.

1. What's the correct way to deal with toilet seats? Is it supposed to be DOWN all the time, or UP?

After a dude pees, should he keep it UP, or place it DOWN?

Of course I lift it UP when I pee, but I'm not sure if I should put it down or leave it up afterwards...

Thanks in advance.

2. you should leave it up, unless you are going to take a dump or sit on the toilet after you're done, in which case i would put it down first :D

3. Right... leave it up...

A scenario.

I go in the bathroom, I take a pee, and I come out, and a girl goes in next, and finds the seat DOWN.

Will she be mad?

4. You have obviously never experienced living with a woman. Always put the seat down man, its basically unwritten law. :smoke:

5. Seat DOWN. Train yourself early. It will save you a lot of grief in the future.

6. Right... I sometimes hear that too... that I should leave it down...

But that's where my problem starts.

If I put it down, then the girl using the toilet after me will think,

If the girl after me sees the seat down, she might think I peed with it down, and therefore, the seat might be contaminated. And she might be angry coz she's thinking,

"How inconsiderate to have peed all over the place... that asshole didn't even bother to lift it up!"

Of course she won't know I lifeted up to pee, and then put it back down...

But if I leave it UP, she'll be like,

"How inconsiderate!" period.

I don't know man... it's damn confusing...

7. I thinkkk she would only think that you peed on the seat... if there was pee on the seat.... :confused_2:

8. Personally, when I walk into the toilet (to take a cr--) and find the seat DOWN, I wipe it clean no matter what. Doesn't matter if there's no trace of pee on it, coz even if you can't see it, there's a great chance that it might be there...

But if it's UP, I can be sure it's clean... or at least cleaner than if it was placed DOWN...

Hey, thanks for helping me out with this. It's one of those things I never really get. :smoke:

9. it doesnt matter. men dont need training.
    bitches do.
    lol.

10. Lmfao,
    If I ever come over, the toilet seat better be down.
    I live with my granddad, and he knows better than to leave it up...
    My boyfriend comes over pretty much every day, and he knows to put it back down...

If you're planning on having a girl stay over for any length of time...
    Down would be the way to go...

We're used to seeing the seat down, so we're not going to think you pissed on it...
    If we see it up, we snap...
    If we see it down, we don't really realize who was there before us.

Haha.

11. This is what I figured out so far.

Guys should lift the seat up, pee, and then place it back down.

Why?

So that the girl who comes in next don't have to place it down herself. Sort of like a courtesy for the ladies.

Am I getting it now?

Where I am (Thailand), there's no such thing as 'toilet seat' manner... half the toilets don't have any seats anyway.

12. piss in the sink its a win win situation just dont shit in it

13. #13 Fëanor, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    Edit: Just read your post, GGrass. I always seem to forget how diverse the world is. Yep, you've got it exactly right. It's a courtesy.

Technically in my opinion men and women are supposed to be equal so it doesn't really matter.

But being a gentleman isn't about equality. It's about treating women like princesses because they're beautiful and we like them. :)

Everyone, be a nice guy and put the seat down after you're finished. It's easy.

14. yes, no shit or ideally vomit in the sink, too chunky!!

[​IMG]

15. Yup. Treat them like princess, you become a prince.

16. Personally, i dont care if a guy leaves it up.. but i always close it before flushing just because it grosses me out if i dont :p

17. Thanks, HazyJ! Nice to know how other people flush. :D

18. Haha cuz talking about toilets to begin with isnt weird.. but i said that cuz thats why i close the lid, and that was the topic of interest. but i dont care if others close the lid.. its not like you cant just do it yourself. :D

19. My son flushes it before getting up. He reaches for the handle while seated and flush it. And then he gets up. So he never has to see it. :D

20. i DGAF

if the seat is down up or close i dont care i still piss.....

:smoking: