Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to do with Stems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skitzo444, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I separated a lot of stems and seeds from my weed. It was shitty. Is there anything I can do with the stems?

I was thinking of shaving off the outside with a knife and smoking that. Ideas?

2. If you have ALOT of stems you can make tea out of it... i don't have an exact recipe, I'm sure you can google search it. If you use a vaporizer you can just smoke em like that. Oh I think you can use a kief catcher in a grinder, toss em in there and shake em about and get the kief.

3. Contrary to what most people say, smoking stems doesn't give you a headache and whatnot. I just grind them to shreds, and sprinkle them over a packed bowl.

4. Don't tell people shit like that man, come on. Stems WILL give you a headache if smoked. At least in my experience.

5. ha, ha, that was funny

you might as well tell him to smoke seeds too.

6. dont smoke your stems, lol. I collect mine and put them in a shotglass and then shake them against my grinder screen to get kief.

7. yup.

also, if you have a 3 stage grinder, you can put the stems in the center part so they're against the kief screen, put 2-3 pennies in with the stems, and screw the sections back together...

shake this well from side to side so the kief gets scraped into the bottom kief section

8. http://www.waytoomany.com/video/save-your-stems/

One of my dealers has a whole freezer bag full of stems, and I think he said it weighed about 2 pounds or so. When he can't fit any more stems in there, he's gonna do this to them and make some hash. I did it after I bought my first QP, and holy crap, did I ever get a lot of kief out of them.

9. Use them for extraction to make some oil, but generally speaking the yield will be very low.

I chew on them sometimes...most of the time I toss them out.

10. how does it taste??

never tried that before

11. Chewing on stems? It tastes good if it was properly cured, good weed :) Doesn't get you high...I do it the way you might chew on a stem of grass (the normal yard kind) or a toothpick.

If you meant the oil...eh well properly extracted oil is oil, aside from varying cannabinoid levels. You need a LOT of trichy stems from buds to make any decent amount though.

12. Ive never gotten a headache from smoking stems. What I do with my stems - use them as a "screen" for my broken up bud, and what I mean about that is to just keep the fine weed from falling into my bong. Sometimes I just eat the stems, sometimes I save them up and smoke 'em.

13. i always keep stems. put them in a pill bottle with a couple pennies, and you can get a bunch of kief out of them. or collect a bunch of them, and make some qwiso hash.

14. The seams are useful man, search google for "green dragon"
    just make some green dragons from the leftover stems.. its gets you high and drunk at the same time :smoking:

15. You would need a TON of stems to make anything even close to good Green Dragon, or for extraction for that matter. Some stems from a bag of shitty weed will not do anything for you unless you have pounds and pounds of them.

16. um.. throw em out?

or chew em.