what to do with male plants? plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stoned4bed, Sep 4, 2013.

1. What should i do with these male plants? Its not much but it does contain thc on the leaves and stems. I heard male plants have more thc on the leaves and stems then a female :eek:
    Im sorry if this is a question that can easily be search
    Im just lost on what to do and i need opinions from all of you.

Is this enough plants to make bubbler hash or something? Can you guys send me links on what i can do with these plants? Do i have to dry my plants first to do anything?
    I want to know how i can just get the kief straight off these plants. Can i just soak the plants in oil and butter and make brownies or something right off the bat when the leaves are still fresh and everything?

Please let me know
    I am aware these are lots of questions just try and help best you can
    Thanks so much to those who respond!

Attached Files:

2. dry, cure, and package for later use as a food flavour.

like using herbs while cooking.

3. I always make iso hash with mine lol.

It's alright though :p

4. You might have to zoom in to see thc trichromes

5. Do you guys think this is enough to make anything?

6. #6 Old School Smoker, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    I use my male plants to either pollinate the females for seeds, or they are good kindling for a campfire. I tried smoking the leaves when i was in high school. Didnt get me high. Just got a headache and a sore throat.

7.  For the tric's to have any potency you have to let the male flower out as you would a female.

There's not really anything you can do when wet, except maybe bubble hash. I wouldn't think its worth it.

8. Yeah i wouldve just let the males be but i hear to many bad rumors about having males pollinating your female plants like its a bad thing. So i jist ripped then off.

9. #9 Walt420, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    I'm not sure exactly how accurate this is but I watched a video on a guy that keeps a single male around, constantly trimming the balls. Shortly before harvest he sticks the male in the room with all the ladies and they sense the male. Apparently they swell up and expect to catch pollen but never actually do so it just bulks them out and new calyxes form within the original calyx, swelling with resin. I guess it kinda makes sense because if a plant thinks it's going to be catching pollen wouldn't it begin to put out as much as possible to complete it's life cycle in hopes to reproduce?

I'd say it's worth a try.

10. Make salad dude. Shits bomb with some ranch, tomato, red onion and some shredded cheese.

Aww Mannn! Now i got the munchies....hehehehehe!

12.  No rumor. Leave them to flower with the girls and everything will be extremely seedy.

What kind of dressing would you like?

Attached Files:

That's F'ing crazy!  How cool would that be??  I guess for it to work, the plant has to have some type of pheromone receptors, no? (which I wouldn't expect them to have).  Most plants pollinate with wind and/or insects, bugs, bees, etc.  So they don't have them, right?

If it is true, growers would call it the "eunuch method"!

:D

My guess is a stoner made it up, but I would so love to hang with that guy!

15. Just put them in the compost.

16. Make seeds :)