What to do with broken tree perc bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kubasow, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have a 10-arm left coast beaker base bong. Its 5mm, 7mm base/beaker.

I knocked it over relatively lightly today. It landed on a carpet but still, I look later and realize that 8 of 10 of the trees on my tree perc are just smashed off of the perc itself.

I've read online that some blowers will fix this for $100.

A lot say its not worth it and you should get new glass, but if i can fix it for $100 and the bong originally was $450, isnt that pretty worth it?

Second of all, does the broken perc fuck up my bong at all or does it just act in the same manner as a straight tube now? Is putting a 10-arm AC/precooler in it LITERALLY just returning its smoothness exactly to the way it was or what?

fuck my whole life is flipped upside down right now.

hate to say it but this bong meant a lot to me man!

2. Honestly its not worth it man. I can guarantee to fix a 10 arm tree is going to be more than $100 unless you have some sick hook up. To fix a stem on a bong is about 99$ plus shipping. You could try to use the piece and break off what's left of the tree. Buy a ashcatcher and maybe it will work. I'm not sure never tried. Just putting in my 2 cents and saying since I've learned to blow glass I can say some repairs and easy and some alot wont touch. What you have is what alot of blowers won't touch. Imagine you pretty much have to dismantle the tube to install a new tree perk. You are pretty much having a blower make you a new piece with old parts. Ask around though best repair in the business IMO is fishbone. Hit him up on Facebook.

3. #3 Kubasow, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    should i just get used to taking really harsh, awful hits?

this thing sucks now that the percs gone. so harsh.

guess percs just have to do with comfort, not how high a bong can get you though? whatever. no idea what to do...

god i love weed and god i love glass but im broke and pretty much fucked right now.

really rough spot for me right now monetarily... Fuck.

4. #4 Wied420, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Glass Repair 805

$120 for new trees. Plus the $20 you'll pay for return shipping, and whatever it costs to get your piece to California.

Personally, I'd try to break out the the rest of the tree perc, then just get an nice Alex K/Leisure 6-Arm/SG 180* gridded downstem. (Not sure what you already have in the beaker, but an upgraded diffuser is a must for me)

5. Not worth it man; accept the loss and move on.

6. If you look it's 120 plus 80 for dismantle. So $200 altogether

7. thing still hits well without the perc.

worst comes to worst i'll get a AC that is also a perc.

assuming there is no way to get all the broken tree arms out without dismantling the bong though? :(

8. ^You're the one with the bong in front of you chief, you tell us.

Or you know, post a picture and we'll help you out.

9. My buddy and I just took a metal file (skinny and metal hard as fuck) and hammer and carefully tapped on the trees to get it to the point where the pieces were small enough to slide out.

Having said that, it was still a bitch. My buddy broke his HBG 10 arm perc, used it for a bit and then just tossed it.

10. get it fixed if you really love the piece

11. i would move on.