What to do with broken bowl?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sanderson, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Well, it finally happened. I broke my first bowl. I went to Atlantic City for a Spring Weekend trip and bought a pretty sweet bowl for 20 bucks. A few days after I got back, it slipped out of my hands, fell a few inches and a broke at some of the turns in the stem. Now I only paid 20 bucks so it's not the end of the world by any means, but it still sucked when it slipped out of my hands and I saw the pieces separate. 

However, I would still like to be able to use it if possible. First off, here's a picture of the aftermath:

[​IMG]

The mouthpiece was the tail, which has broken into two pieces. The way I see it, I have a few options if I want to keep this bowl in service. This is where I want some advice from some experienced MacGuyvers. I think I have three options:
    1) Leave the bowl as is, as it still hits cleanly, I would just need to sand the edge down so it's not as sketchy to smoke from broken glass.
    2) Put some type of mouthpiece on the end so it still works, but I have no idea how I'd go about it.
    3) Use some epoxy (I've seen quiksteel is an option) to fasten the pieces back together. I think that it would not be directly exposed to the flame or high temperature of a lighter, but just the smoke that passes through. 

What are your thoughts?

2. lol try and glue that shit together hahaha, or just buy a new one

3. damn you broke your first bowl in less than a week?
    i cant really see your picture but keep using it if you say its working until you can get new piece.
    Buy something with thicker glass!

4. I'm the type of person to throw it away and buy a new one, but if you feel comfortable with your glue method and safe smoking it go ahead.

5. as Gordon Ramsay might say, 'throw it in the fuckn bin, you clod'

6. #6 Sanderson, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Hahaha no it's not my first bowl, just the first bowl that I've bought and broken. I have a few other pieces, this was just a souvenir I wanted from the trip. Obviously it was super cheap, so I guess I should have expected this. I'll probably try the epoxy method and see how that holds up, because worst-case scenario I'm in the same spot as right now.

EDIT: If you cant tell in the picture, the two pieces do still fit together like a puzzle, and form an S shape with the tail.