What to do w/ leftover water from bubble bags?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mrgoodsmoke, Jul 26, 2010.

1. #1 mrgoodsmoke, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    So I just made my second harvest, which is still drying, (see journal in sig).

I got a 5 bag bubble bag set that goes from 220 to 25 microns.

Took all the trimmings, blended em up nicely pulled the bags got some hash, now I'm running the water through again.

Mind you, I am a total noob. This is only me second grow so pretty much everything I'm learning as I go. So maybe this is something that's been answered before, but.....

What can I do with the water that's left over once I run it through the bags again?

It's so nice and green and stinky. Is there anything in there that'll get me high? Could I make tea w/ it? Would boiling it ruin it if I made tea?

Should I let it evaporate then scrape the bottom of the bucket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I'd like to thank grasscity as a whole for providing so much information and support that has made my grow a success. Thanks everyone!!!

Edit: maybe this would be better in the edibles section? I dunno....

2. I just wanna drink this stuff. It looks like swamp water, and smells like dank. I bet it doesn't even need sugar. Probably reduce that shit to a syrup and put in on a waffle. Thoughts? Ideas?

3. #3 KyHomeGrown, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Ok, Ive been down this road many times, I have the same 5 bag system so here is what I do with my water. I had just got my bubble bags and I watched like 3 videos on You tube just to make sure I knew what I was doing, when I ran into a video on there something like Gummbie/Gummby Hash so I did that with the leftover water, so here is what it is.

You take the used water and let it sit for about an hour or two in the bucket/s, then drain off all the top water with a hose or air tube, till about 2-3 inches are left or before if you start seeing light brown colored water. Then pour that into jars about half way full, put them in frig, for well as long as you like, I go about another hour or two, but Im always in a rush before my kids are home from school, but The longer the better i would think. You will then see why your doing this a light colored hash will fall to the bottom and settle. Then take and drain off all you can with air tube or even a turkey baster, try not to disturb the water too much. At that point you should have a fine light colored fluid on the bottom, thats more hash. Take that and pour it on to a paper coffee filter on top of paper towels to suck up all the water, you may need to make a depression in the coffee filter and towels so it wont run all over, pour slowly.

Then when all the water is sucked up into the towel/towels take the coffee filter with all the wet hash on it and fold in half and then unfold, the hash will sick together then fold again until you have a nice chunk you can pick up, like clay, use it to pick up any little spots that are still on the filter. Then press that chunk between two coffee filters with towels behind both sides to suck out any more water, the dryer you can get it the better it will be, wont mold and will finish dry/cure quicker too.

Now in my own dealings I have got more hash from that step than any one bag caught, plus it will be very smooth clay like hash, and to me is good quality too. I take all my grades and the gummbie hash and make one huge brick of hash. I never end up smoking the lower grades anyhow and they sit here till I give them away, then I worry folks think I make crap hash. So I mix them all so I will smoke it or what I give away is so much better, making me a good friend!

Man this is too long, sorry just going through everything I do, watch that video if you can find it, you will see what I mean and how it works perfect with the left over water! I may be all wrong here but what I get from that water seems to me is the best out of it all. I think that the Trichs that are left are the smaller may be the less ripe or the clear or milky trichs, seems its a more high than a stone but it could be the Mash/Trimmings I use too, they could have been early harvested or the strain could be sativa, who knows with these farmers down here, its free so I dont ask too much from them.

Anyhow good luck let me know how it goes or if it even works for you. Oh and

4. Awesome I'm gonna run it through one more time then let the rest of it settle in the fridge. I'll let you know how it works. I kept thinking that the smaller the chunks the better, so naturally the ones small enough to go through the 25 micron would be the dankest, but then it all gets stuck in the water!

I'll get that shit outta there!!

5. Well, I"m taking a big thermos of this shit to work tonight to see if it gets my employees high. Hopefully they'll be fucked up and have to go home, which will help me save on labor costs, and work the remaining crew harder. Fun times.

6. Forgot to take the thermos, yet another testament to the power of fruity chronic juice.

My friend drank a decent amount of the stuff though, he said he was too high already to tell if it was all that good, but he slept like a baby and when he woke up, he went to the bathroom and came back saying his shit smelled like weed.

Awesome.

7. Sweet to hear that bruda.
    So did you try that fellas method above or did you just swig down the liquid and get totally ripped.
    Wouldn't have thought drinking it straight would do shit
    Keep up tha good work my main man.

8. why do you need to suck the water out of the jars??? wouldent just filtering it stop everything???

9. Hello to all,

I today just did some bubble bag hash, Here's the thing though it looks more green than like a light tan or dark brown. Has this happen to anyone and is it still smokable and did I make a mistake with the process??? Thanks for the help!!!:smoke: