What to do? Plant Hermied

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by InkdUp, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I just found out this morning that my plant has hermied on me.

This morning when I checked it I found a single unopened pollen sac emerging out of one of the buds. Tonight before lights out I discovered a fuck load more growing on multiple branches.

Should I harvest early? Or try to pluck them off, they are very hard to pluck without damaging some of the bud around it.

The plant is a Sativa going on week 11 of flower so I was going to harvest in a week and a half anyway.

2. Let it make seeds I know you may not like the idea but from what I researched that's how you get feminized seeds so if you don't mind it for one harvest you will have lot of girls for the next

3. I would rather not though. This grow has been very high risk due to the fact I am renting and I wont be growing for a while. I am either gonna chop it early or try to pick the things off daily lol

4. [quote name='"InkdUp"']I would rather not though. This grow has been very high risk due to the fact I am renting and I wont be growing for a while. I am either gonna chop it early or try to pick the things off daily lol[/quote]

Ohhh I see. Hmm I'd go as long as you can picking them off then and harvest early as a last resort

5. cool thanks bro bumpity bump

6. Let it mature. Pick it only when its ready. Then dry it, cure it, pick the seeds out and enjoy it anyways. Sucks its a Hermite, but seedy fully ripened weed will be better than seedy premature weed. Gonna have seeds either way

7. I have an alien viper dawg that hermied on me, without me seeing it. Seeds galore, I can only imagine how strong this would have been without them. Let it run, other than the seeds, you won't be disappointed.

8. If its in week 11, I would harvest early or get it quarentined.

9. So if a plant hermies does this mean the seed sacs will not open like a male plant does?

10. [quote name='"buddahaze1"']So if a plant hermies does this mean the seed sacs will not open like a male plant does?[/quote]

They will eventually

11. Dude you need to go check my thread about my hermied plant, ive been still growing it like a female and has a good OZ on each already, in its 5th week of flowering

12. ok can you send me the link?