What to do in the week?

Discussion in 'General' started by piffcity09, Nov 29, 2009.

1. So...

I can't find a job.
    All my friends work jobs all week so I can't hang out with anyone :(
    I don't have a car.
    I have weed so I just end up smoking weeed all day on my own :( :(
    The only productive thing I could be doing is looking for a job which I have already done over and over again.

So, blades? What should I actually do in the week?

2. how is the only productive thing you can do is look for a job? Get off your ass, pack up your bowl and go for a walk in woods or something its very relaxin bring your dog along if you have one. Lets see workout, maybe get enrolled in some college classes of your interest, you tired of payin for buds? start growin its my favorite hobby.

3. Bingo.

Stuff I did when I was unemployed;

workout,
    go for walks/drives,
    write in my journal, reorganise my writings,
    play guitar,
    organise my music collection,
    read, go to the library,

Job or jobless it's important to find things you're passionate about.

4. I would get a job. You say you can't find one but I don't believe you. Jobs are out there you just have to find one or lower your standards and take a low paying job. Contribute something to society besides smoking weed. You are the stereotypical pothead and it makes the rest of us that are productive look bad. Get a job no excuses.

If you can't find a job go volunteer somewhere but really just man up and get a job.

5. Wow.. that is a really ignorant comment to make, you don't even know. I would take ANY job regardless of the pay, every place that i've been rejected by i've offered to do voluntary work. I did get voluntary work at this photography place and after that I didn't even get a job out of it.

6. i'm just telling you that your not looking hard enough because jobs are out there. all your friends have jobs why don't you.

7. Why is smoking weed at your house all day.....bad???:confused:

8. Its not the same for everyone.

9. That's not really fair dude, finding a job can be really tough, especially in these economic times. Don't just assume he thinks he's too good for certain jobs and would rather sit around bored asking us how to fill his time.

It used to be that anyone who walked into a Tim Horton's or McD's could get a job that same day but that's just not the case today.

@OP,

Like people have said, hobbies are equally as important as a job, find something you like doing aside from watching movies stoned with a big plate of nachos on the couch :p

Physical: Walking, running, biking, rollerblading, skateboarding, weight lifting, etc...maybe sign up for a fight class if that's your thing, take some kick boxing lessons or something. Build something, got a tree? Everyone loves toking in a tree house! :hello: Maybe invest in a cheap car you can work on and fix up, granted the no-job deal would make this a bit hard..

Mental: Read, write a story, learn a new instrument, like someone else said; check out your community college for courses you might be interested in that they offer.

You just gotta change your routine dude, I know the feeling when you get stuck and it seems like there's nothing to do but wait for one of your stoner buddies to get outta class or off work to blaze with. You just gotta break outta that box and try some new shit, you will feel better once you have something else to focus on other than weed.

One more thing, if you got a dog, take that lil mafucka to a dog park, I took my buddies dog the other day and its like pussy heaven I swear, I'm buying a dog just to reap the pussy they attract, its like fishing with dynamite, not even fair.

Good luck buddy i'm sure you'll find something to entertain yourself, just gotta step outside the box and try something you normally wouldn't. Good luck on the job hunt too, it can be a long frustrating process but keep your chin up something will come along.

Cheers!

10. been there. spent about 6 months, jobless, carless, living with my parents. So, I decided I'd be productive. I worked out a bunch, used rosetta stone to start learning hebrew, started taking guitar lessons from this guy in my neighborhood. think of this time as a perfect opportunity to work on urself. eventually I got a job, but sadly its a temp job and I may be back in the same situation come feb.

11. Thank you to those spreading the postive vibes.

12. to tell you the truth, because they grew up in a decent family and their parents know people.

13. does your town not have day labor places?

in my opinion your making excuses

14. I would say probably go out and get a job man. Honestly if you really wanted to get a job, you could. Don't really matter what you get as long as your making some cash ya know? I'm like the laziest person in the world and I was in the same position and just got sick of it one day and went out and got a job and didn't go home till I hit like 50 stores. Being that I have a job now I can't imagine not having a job and sitting on my ass all day..thinking about it just makes me depressed. Plus its unhealthy to not have a job to keep you busy.

Where do you want to be a year from now?

ask yourself that while all your friends are working and going to school

15. no it doesnt, and in my opinion your a douche.

16. workout
    hang with my gf
    watch a movie
    play xbox
    skatepark
    smoke :smoking:

17. i bet it does or a surrounding town does. ever heard of craigslist. i'm not gonna lie your just not trying hard enough and can't handle the truth. where are you from and I bet you I can find you a job but you probably just don't want one and are lazy. like the guy above said he didn't come home till he had a job. work is out there my friend you just don't want to find it.

18. I cannot get a job, I have done what you said - Go out on my own and have gone to every store/buisness in town and asked for a job, but no. I am doing a course in electrical installations 2 days a week so i guess i want to take that somewhere but i need a job (apprenticeship) to advance with that and again just cant find one, ive got out the phonebook and phoned upevery elecrical firm there is and they say no.

19. I just got a bag not much more explanation needed of what i'm doing

20. making phone calls is not enough. and in my opinion you are just being a lazy bum.